1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom and religion.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by sol4r, Oct 7, 2012.

1. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My mom is definitely what you would call a hardcore Jewish mother. She really wants me to have a Jewish wedding and raise my kids under the Jewish faith and so on and so forth. She's okay with my being gay, and she accept me, but she's VERY adamant that I have a Jewish family... the only problem is, I don't want to. I'm not really that religious, and even though I recognize that my heritage is Jewish and that I'm racially Jewish so to speak, but I don't believe in Judaism. I've tried to tell her, but she doesn't seem to get it... I really don't want to make my future kids believe something that I don't believe myself, that kind of seems stupid. What do I do?

2. justlauren64

if i were you id just raise your kids to b your partners religon. it will make them happy and you can just tell your mother that the religon of your kids was really important to them

3. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Tell her too bad! Why does she get to decide the particular imaginary friend your children believe in?

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the person above. I would raise your family in the faith that you want to.