1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lgbt groups? and comming out advice?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SarahRod98, Oct 7, 2012.

1. SarahRod98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So almost all of my friends know, and some random people. but not my family. sigh. I dont know how to tell them. any advice?

also i live between hazelton and wilkesbarre in pa. how do i find lgbt support groups, and/or anything going on for lgbt people/youth? thanks. :help:

2. AAASAS

Google your town/ areas name, plus LGBT group. There should be one around. Maybe your school has one.

Telling your family is a big one, because they are your support, especially at your age. If you are going to tell them, make sure they will be ok with it first, last thing you want is unsupportive parents at your age.

Since you are from PA, I'd assume your parents are more progressive, so I'm sure it'd be no problem. I honestly have never heard of someone getting booted that wasn't from the South.

I wrote a letter to my mom, because I still can't say the words "Im gay" out loud, even to this day, and she ended up blabbing to the rest of the family.

My mom was supportive, but insists I go to therapy, she is almost over supportive, so you'd be surprised at your reactions. My mom has gone to a therapy session for it twice, just to see how she can get me to go. The only reason she wants me to go is because she wants me to come out to my friends, not to convert me or anything, she honestly just wants me to get a move on with my life. So your parents, most likely, will be just as loving.

#2 AAASAS, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012