1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change is enevitable

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ruby Dragon, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since I've cut my hair short, I've had only good feedback from everybody. But it's still way too girly to my liking. I don't want sidies anymore and I want the sides and back much shorter with the top just long enough to wear it spikey.

Having it done won't be an issue. The hairdresser will do as I ask. But now I'm undecided... We have something called a "Shavathon" where people can either have their hair sprayed funky colours or cut it off completely with a number 1 comb I think. Just know it's very short. It's for cancer. Now, I'm considering having my hair chopped off completely then growing it out a bit again on top so it'll be the way I want it to be. Would be easier that way I think. And would be for a good cause too. But I don't know what I'll look like with such short hair...

Then again - the wardrobe issue... I can't wait til next month. I'll be getting a bonus, like a 13th cheque and with that I plan on doing a couple of things. Want to have my car serviced, have my tongue re-pierced, get my third tattoo and last but not least get the wardrobe I'm longing for and throw out all my girly stuff, including shoes. It's a major thing for me and is bound to cause a tidalwave of emotions with everyone I come into contact with but that is who I am.

I'm nervous-excited about it all but know it has to be done in order for me to feel comfortable in my own skin

---------- Post added 7th Oct 2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Just went onto their website - the Shavathon was much earlier this year :icon_sad: so I'm left with the hairdresser option. There's always next year to make a difference though. If only I knew the dates before the time...

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Good luck with taking charge of your life! :slight_smile:

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good luck!! I'm gad to see that you have the confidence to do this!!