1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About a friend.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CrimsonThunder, Feb 3, 2008.

1. CrimsonThunder

This is really hard for me to say but I decided to get it off my chest anyways.

I have a friend and hes a really nice guy but the thing is he dresses like an emo. Now this may sound shallow of me but whenever I hang around with him I try to distance myself from him because I don't want to be seen walking around him. Cars go past and yell out "you emo cunt!" and he often gets pushed around and shit like that.

Hes a good friend to me because I supported him when he needed it and he supports me by being bi. (plus he introduced me to his bi friend of which I really like :wink: )

So basically, I know that I sound like a total twat and don't deserve for him to be my friend, so I'm trying to get over the feeling I have at the moment and would like some help to do so. I think I feel that way because before I was friends with him I followed the crowd and gave shit to emos. (I still do occasionally, even to him (but just joking around)).

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think its great you are being so honest with us and yourself! You are feeling remorse at the way you have treated Emo's in the past. Now you have found a friend who is Emo and all that is coming back to you. You want to do the right thing and stand up for your friend now and that is what you SHOULD do. Maybe spending private time with him away from all the hurtful hateful remarks would help you feel more comfortable. Then slowly you can make your way out into public and stand tall and proud beside your friend. I'm sure it would mean alot to him and to you because you are doing the right thing. :slight_smile:

3. Brett

Well if you think about it, him being Emo is like you being Bi right? I mean I'm sure ppl make fun of Bi ppl at least just a little where you're from, so I guess that if he stuck w/ you through that, then you should be strong and stick with him. So I gues what I'm trying to say is that:

Bi=emo
    you=him
    he is sticking with you = you sticking with him

Sorry if I'm not making any sense, I just got done w/ my geometry homework

4. Leigh

Leigh Guest

does/do u think he knows how u feel? he sounds like a good friend... maybe you should just be honest with him. he might appreciate the honesty and be able to help u figure out wats really going on...

5. CrimsonThunder

My town is very pro-gay, but I understand where you're comin' from.

And I don't want to hurt his feelings Leigh, but he doesn't know how I feel.

Thanks for the posts, helped me out. :slight_smile: