1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I told him I want NC because I can't see him with someone else, wrong of me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lostinthought, Oct 8, 2012.

1. lostinthought

We ended it because we both fought a lot however he still wants to be best friends (like before).

I told him I want NC because I can't see him with someone else and feel jealous. That makes him think that I am not wishing good for him or will be happy for him.

Also, I had made up my mind to go NC but today when he called me and said he missed talking to me (we didn't talk for 5 days) and that I'm doing a big mistake by ending our friendship, I realized I can't stay without him either and agreed to be friends. We're meeting tomorrow. But I'm confused because most people advised me to go NC. I can't even do that now, I'm so lost what to do.

Please help me.

2. stumble along

No Contact
    if you guys were good friends i wouldnt break it off but at least maybe agree to have a down period before either of you dates anyone else.
    if you meet another guy just stay friends until the down time is over or talk to your friend/ex

3. LauraMarie

If there is a possiblity that you both need eachother still and maybe can be friends i would try that. But you could always try just keeping a distance, if you occasionally talk to eachother and stuff like that. You dont have to be best friends again if you feel like it'd be to hard. But you could always be aquaintances

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you haven't actually tried going this route, maybe you should give it a go. If you find it hurts too much, or keep feeling jealous, then I'd break contact again. "I've tried going the 'friend' route, but the feelings are still too strong for that. I think I need to take a longer break." Then take it.

Lex

5. Colours

I'd say give it a few weeks. I'm in the same situation as you, or at least the two weeks before last week I've been thinking of going NC. I've told him that I was seriously considering that (in person) and he said the same thing, sort of: 'Do know what you're throwing away though' and he was close to crying and I couldn't do it to him.

Now, I can say the friendship is working out and my feelings have definitely gotten less (I mean both jealousy and what I felt for him in general).

It needs time either way. If him and the friendship mean a lot to you, try going for the friendship first, you can always choose the other option if it doesn't work out. If you choose to go NC, it's not as easy to go for the other option.

One tip I do give you, if you decide not to go NC, do talk to him a little less than you used to. Depends on your situation of course, but me and my ex (/best friend) used to talk daily and I noticed that when I sometimes didn't talk to him for a day (or two), I instantly felt better despite the urge I had to talk to him sometimes.

Of course, it's going to be hard, but ending the friendship will be hard as well. And what's more valuable to you, disregarding the romantic feelings? Try to think ahead.