1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing my father

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by bubblehead1230, Oct 8, 2012.

1. bubblehead1230

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently "came out" to my father. I quote those words because I did not do this by choice. This was probably the hardest thing I have had to deal with in my life. My father and I had such a close bond....had. I have never experienced any bully issues until now. I never knew just how hurtful words could be...especially when it comes from someone you trusted so much, someone who raised you and taught you how to love. I have sent PFLAG information to him as a way to reach out, but I do not feel like I need to beg for my parent's affection. I get by from day to day, but there are some days that it hits me so hard to the point where I can no longer breathe. Any advice on how to help with this void??

2. LauraMarie

First off...(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)
    I dont really have any adivce in this situation im sorry D: i just wanted you to know that im here for you and support you. If you need to talk or just need someone to listen, you can always stop by my page (*hug*)

3. Hey sweetie! Yes, it hurts when people we love aren't as lollipops and sunshine as much as we thought. The damage though, is done, and whether your dad and you will ever build a relationship again is all up to him putting in the effort in trying to understand and accept you, and your willingness to forgive.

But really, is there anything else that can be done asides from that? I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you and my only advice is to keep movin' along. The world hasn't ended; your life hasn't ended. The future will always work itself out, and I'm sure all will be well again!

4. Crazyguy

Hang in there, give him some time and maybe he will come around. If you had a close relationship before I suspect he may just need some time.