1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Can't I Say It?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SecretColor, Oct 8, 2012.

1. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I can tell him that I don't know what I want either, that the guys who really matter will want to help him figure out what he wants and won't just run off because he isn't super-certain. But talking to him, even when I'm upset with him, everything else just kind of fades away, and I forget about the world. I know I love him, I've known for some time now; if I could just TELL him I wouldn't be so crazy, even if my love is unrequited.

Any ideas about what I can do to make it easier for me to tell him? He's gay as well, btw.

2. Mogget

Don't tell him. It won't help matters. What you need to do is to distance yourself from him. When my bf broke up with me, I wanted to stay friends because being in his presence was so intoxicating. Ultimately, this just reinforced my feelings for him because I was continually reminded of how awesome he was. It was only when I separated myself from him, fairly drastically, that I was able to move on.