1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Cruising.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AAASAS, Oct 8, 2012.

1. AAASAS

I know this is a ridiculous thread but I just have some questions.

I use a site that I won't name to sometimes find hookups, because I'm human, and I get horny sometimes, and though I'd rather be in a relationship, I can't so I still need contact.

The problem is I've only hooked up with three guys successfully on these sites just do to the pure sketchiness of most situations, and the fact that I don't live in a convenient location(if I want a hookup I have to drive somewhere).

I've been frequenting it again just do to lonliness, but am questioning even the morality of it all.

I consider myself a good person, and I use the site, but I can't find to seem a decent guy.

So I am wondering if there are any other closet cases that have used similar sites or chat sites to try to meet others.

It just seems like a really shady thing to do, but it really is my only option.

Most people on there are total closet cases that won't admit they're gay even to a complete stranger on the internet.

Also has anyone used like online ad sites, and how sucessful were they. I searched my town on a popular site that most people know( I really don't know if I am allowed to name the sites so I just won't if I can later I will ad them) and found A LOT of them, I was surprised to see there were other gay people in my town.

Has anyone else tried personal ad sites, how sketchy was it. Would you recommend it.

I want to respond to some people, but am afraid they are people I know, which they likely will be.

I literally just stumbled upon this part of this popular site, as I use it to look for merchandise to sell online. I entered my hick town name, and ADS popped up. They were all like m4m or soemthing like that. I think a lot were married men, and just other young guys in the area. I don't even know if it's worth it to end up finding out it is someone I know well.

2. speedracing22

I've been on a few of those sites. I have never successfully met up in person though. Here's the types of people I usually get, and why I stopped going to them...

1. The guy who is "straight". Usually has a girlfriend. Swears up and down that he's straight.....but he's "curious".

2. The guy that's a total nut case. Clingy. Constantly messages you. Won't leave you the hell alone. You end up blocking him. (sometimes this is the straight guy too)

3. The guy that's into some really freaky shit that i'm not into lol.

4. The guy that's a liar. After talking to him for 10 minutes most of what he tells you is bullshit and he made it up. The most common is that they lie about their age too and say they are older than they really are.

5. The guy who is super flamboyant. I have no problems with guys like this as friends, but it's just a big turn off for me when it comes to dating / hooking up. Sorry if that offends anyone.

And that's just to name a few...

I have friends who do it (straight ones though), and they seem to get decent girls sometimes. They use a popular iPhone APP to do it. It's really just not for me I guess....At this point I guess I am looking more for a relationship. But I get what you're saying. Sometimes you just get horny and need some lol. But I just gave up on it.

3. AAASAS

All of those cannot be more true, I laughed my ass off at number 3.

One time I had a guy that totally was fine, had the same name as me, was cool, and everything... we were about to meet, until I let him ask me something. He wanted to know if he could wear stockings and a skirt while I fuck him.

WOW

4. speedracing22

Yeah, if there's anything i've learned, people are into some REALLY weird shit.

I still have a guy trying to text me from 3 weeks ago when I first talked to him. He's a #1, a #2, and a #3 w/ a girlfriend. I have been ignoring him and he doesn't give up.

5. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I met my boyfriend just over a week ago on *******.

So far, I slept at his house twice and will see him again tomorrow!

He is a nurse at the Hospital for Children & I am in my final year at College.

He is clean, friendly, nice, professional. I like to see myself the same way.

He sent me a message, I replied (and subsequently ignored the others ... :slight_smile: )

Texted, chated on the phone, I met him d/t Toronto. We went to my house.

It was like a dream come true... I think dating sites could be used very efficiently, and effectively In the past, when i was still much more in denial to myself (I am no longer to myself, but still in the closet) I would occasionally log into the 3 letter word .com and check out the chat rooms. I found it somewhat disgusting that the first question someone would ask me was whether I was a "top or a bottom" or what size my penis was.

This site I recently joined was a lot different, so it seems. Those looking for a relationship can state that. Those looking for quick flings can find others who are looking for similarities.

I was so turned off in the past, coming across only people who wanted to have random sex with me; sometimes in random places; in the same night that I always tried to go back to being straight..I have nothing against sex of course, each to their own, but I just feel hooking up with random people on a random night, online, for that purpose is out of my league, risky behavior.

Good luck. But I highly rec'd OKC if you are looking for a relationship.

6. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

:roflmao: Hmmmmmmm, maybe celibate might be a better idea?

7. AAASAS

Yea you may think its funny NDKnight but I will just stay alone for now. I only posted because I was conflicted about doing it, I know it's not right, so I'm not going to. I am extremely lonely, and if you think that's funny then I feel sorry for you dude.

8. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Sorry WooEEE, I wasn't trying to make you feel upset. That was so not my intention. I may not understand how lonely it is to be gay where you are, but I do understand being lonely.

I have zero friends, whether gay or straight, as I am very shy, and an introvert. Besides I spent the last 4 yrs looking after a woman, I thought I was to spend my entire life with.

So again I do apologize.:icon_sad:

---------- Post added 8th Oct 2012 at 10:20 PM ----------

This post was more in response to speedracer22's response than anything else:icon_redf

9. AAASAS

It's all cool.

I think I needed that to be interpreted badly, what I'm doing is kinda pathetic.

No hard feelings.

10. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

No, it's not pathetic. Just FYI. I use them too, its a place where you need chemistry.:icon_wink

---------- Post added 9th Oct 2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

Besides I think everyone has a bit of a kink to turn them on.(!)