1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't think I'll ever be able to come out to my parents.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vhrebels, Oct 8, 2012.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Ok, so I've been really depressed recently, because of my inability to come out to my parents. I've tried hinting at it for around the past half year or so, but they arn't catching on. I don't think that I can straight up tell them, because I wouldn't be able to deal with the shame and disappointment that my parents would have towards me. I feel like I have to be unhappy for the rest of my life, and I would wouldn't be able to get married, because they would never approve of same sex marriage. Honestly, I really feel like I could never just tell them that I like guys, because they would be sooo mad. I really don't know what to do about any of this. Sorry if this has been like a rant or something.

2. GirlNextDoor

GirlNextDoor Guest

I would just give it some time.
    I'm not really experienced or anything, but they are your parents, right? It's not like they're going to banish you to Antarctica.
    They might not pick up on it immediately, but don't be worried. Just let it happen... there'll be a perfect time to tell them, and it will all work out.
    I may not have been much help, but... good luck. (*hug*)

3. ems

ems

I know how u feel my parents and grandparents are homophobic and I hate to think what they would do if I told then I was gay .its hard but hold on in there.