1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird situation. I think I made huge mistake

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by volvo6x, Oct 8, 2012.

1. volvo6x

I met this girl and had a really good impression about her after some casual conversation. I also sensed that she is gay.
    So one day she told me she is going to a movie with a friend (another girl). Me, always have the urge to know if she is gay, I'd ask whether I'm going to be a 3rd wheel if I join them. She didn't understand the question at first (ahah) but soon enough she'd be like "ha..[go on telling what are they planning on doing that day, then suddenly stop short the story]"
    She was awkward to me when we were together and after that outing too)
    Yup, I was awkward too because I never asked somebody like that and I'm still in closet.

I guess I throw out there a situation and ask for your insight and any conclusion you made out of it. (About her- it seems to me she never been hit on by a lesbian before, right?, ..., or about me) feel free to be judgmental and critical :slight_smile:
    Though am I rude for asking her like that?

#1 volvo6x, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  2. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Maybe she is also gay and trying to cover it?

3. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well, I don't think it was rude. Here, we say that kind of thing half joking all the time. For example, when someone tells that will be going with someone to the movies, we ask if we wouldn't be the "tercero en discordia" or if "tres son multitud" (those are spanish equivalents to the "third wheel" metaphor), and it will be taken as a kind way to ask if one could join, mixed with some comedy; and the good thing about it, is that you can laugh at it (because it's a joke after all) and then say you will be the third wheel after all, and it wouldn't be considered a rude turn down.

Nonetheless, you seem to have hit the spot, she may be lesbian, but is struggling with it or she accepts it but isn't out yet.