1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to look more feminine

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Haley M, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Does anyone have any tips or ideas on how I could look more feminine other than dressing up and wearing makeup?

2. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fuuuuuuu
    You made "The Question", or at least a hint of it. I'll try my best to answer:icon_bigg, hope this helps you!!

This is the thing: if you observe people, you'll notice that women are not just clothes and make up. These are merely accesories that complement the person. Is common between crossdressers to commit this mistake.

"Feminine" is not just on what you wear, is on every single part of yourself. You need to think and feel that way, or you just be faking it (another common mistake).

For more concrete tips, loose your body:

- While moving, you should walk feminine, and to know how to do that you'll have to observe (go to a mall, buy a beverage, and observe -DON'T STARE- at people, look the differences between men and women, the differences between women with your constitution and others, and women with heels and flats, etc.) and practice it until you do it naturaly, with your body loosened up, so you don't seem like you're forcing or faking it.

- The movements of your body (arms, legs, the way you seat, or get up, or the way you pick up things) should be relaxed, need to flow with naturality. Men do things in a way that tells they're doing it for a especific purpose, and thus their movements look mechanical. Women do things gracefully, not mechanically.

- The most difficult part: think like a woman. For this you need to observe and know some little things. But the most basic tip is to stop thinking and start feeling. Men think mechanically, women tend to think more in their feelings and those of other people. ALso, security is first, and self restrain (woman have a bigger frontal lobe, so they are, how put it, less agressive). If you start to think like a woman, everything else will start to fall in place by itself, and you'll start to look more feminine.

There are 2 important things to remember:
    a) Never over-act things. If you force your walking too much (like swaying much the hips) you'll look plain ridiculous and won't look feminine at all. The same goes to every movement on your body, you have to make them look natural, not acted.
    b) Have self respect and confidence in yourself. Let your natural feminine side to come out. Also, don't dress (and make up) too ... mmm ... like a whore, that shows little respect to yourself, and doesn't look feminine at all.

Not all men are masculine, and not all women are feminine. That's why you have to observe different people, always. And that's why you should not feing a fake feminine you. BECAUSE, ABOVE ALL, YOU SHOULD BE YOURSELF.

So, that's it. :slight_smile:. Hope this help you at all (altough chances are that it may be somewhat confusing:lol:slight_smile:. If you have any question, I'll be glad to help you as far as I'm capable to.

:kiss: and (*hug*) Emily!!!

3. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Watch do it like a lady, by Aerosmith :slight_smile:

4. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Thanks Cassandra! I know it's more than just clothes and makeup but you have made me start to think of how I can accomplish these things. Thank you again! :slight_smile:

5. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're wlecome!!(*hug*)

Just remember we're on a looooong road. Just keep it up and observe observe, practice practice.

6. RainDreamer

Well, here is my advice, and it might not be very helpful, but... be who you are.
    You see, not every girl is the same. Some are cute, some are elegant, some are sporty, some are punks, and hell, some are even manlier than most men. But you don't have to be adopting to any of this "feminine stereotype". I really hate the idea that we have to be sooo feminine, even more than how females are supposed to act, to "pass". That is just silly. And fake. Be as the girl you feel you are, naturally.

Good luck~

7. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Thanks raindreamer! I feel like I am on the right track!

8. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

It all comes down to self- awareness, I suppose. Watch yourself in the mirror, practice, and of course- watch people. Compare. More feminine women tend to have a very fluid, relaxed movement to them. Good luck.(*hug*)

9. Kat kanu

how do you normally act ?

10. Alexander69

You are very pretty you have very nice soft looking skin in your profile pic. I would say you look feminine already at least your face. But what my friends used to wear was juicy couture Track suits and Gucci bags blonde hair and bleach blond streaks tanned and fake eye lashes Gucci sunglasses or things that look similar if that costs to much but little things like that would make you more feminine I guess.

Here's the link to juicy track suits Velour - Tracksuits - Velour Sets by Juicy Couture

Here's the link I the purse my friends had
    Gucci - sukey tote 211944F4C2G8612

Here's the link to sunglasses this stuff allways looked good on my fiends
    http://www.gucci.com/ca-en/search?query=Sunglasses+&filter[category_name][2_1398]=female_sunglasses

11. Alexander69

You could also have a more feminine attitude? Maybe? Like flipping your hair, talking like "like OMG I know like WTf like" stuff like that could also make you more feminine

12. LightningRider

Please please don't talk like that... I know girls who talk like that and they sound like they have one brain cell between them.

I agree with what most people have said; watch and learn.
    It's a slow process and it will definitely take time, but it'd be worth it in the end cause you won't just pass, you will be.
    Don't try and pick it all up at once either. Watch, find what some women do and pick ONE thing at a time to work on.
    That way, although it takes time, you have a chance to work on it and get used to it.

And yeah, with makeup don't cake-face.
    And probably pay attention to your nails a lot of my friends who are girls seem to have really nice nails. :slight_smile:

Hope I helped at least a little :thumbsup:

13. AlexisAnne

I was actually going to ask a similar question. I'll be going out dressed for the first time Sunday with some friends for a Pre-Halloween party. Some good advice on here already, and I'll agree with the movement aspect. It's probably one of the most important parts of your "outfit" as it were. I've never really walked or moved like a man to begin with, I've always been a bit more fluid. I told my friend that since I've come out to more people and gained more confidence, I've begun carrying myself and walking in a more feminine manner. She kind of snorted a bit and told me I'd never walked or moved like a guy. :lol:

Anyway, this was a good question and I think that, rather than create a thread, I'm just going to hang around here for a little bit and see if anything else turns up. :slight_smile:

14. Haley M

Haley M Guest

The profile pic is not really me. It is though how I feel my inner woman looks like. I have been observing and practicing but I still have a long way to go. Although I did notice earlier today that I moved like a woman without even thinking about it. I kinda walked softly and pulled my arms close to my body with my shoulders back.

15. Valarie

Valarie Guest

"you must unlearn what you have learned"

probably the hardest part, I've taught myself to be a guy my whole life
    its hard for me to act how I really am infront of people, though I'm getting more comfortable Infront of the people I live with so it is easier for me then

its all about confidence
    "do or do not, there is no try"

but yeah unlearn what you learned, then watch and learn
    oh and be yourself ^_^

16. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Thanks Valerie! I'm practicing away!

17. redstormrising

that doesn't make a person seem more feminine, just more like an airhead. not to mention totally ridiculous.