1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing Date

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbowfox, Oct 10, 2012.

1. rainbowfox

I need some advice about dating, sorry that it became a looong thread :slight_smile:
    the story begins from here, I have a blog in my native language, it's some sort of daily diary, I upload my daily experiences and feelings, my coming out stories, my poems, short social articles and ...
    almost from the first day I started this blog I became friend with another blogger (R for further references), and some how i became attracted to him, every thing was fine and we chatted several times. then one day, another blogger joked about some of my sentimental writings and R asked me about those writings and I told him that I'm some how attracted to him, we talked a little about it and then with my suggestion he accepted that we should talk/hang out to know each other better so we see what may come.
    then 4 days later he invited me to hang out, and i became really happy and accepted his invitation. we met in small cafe and every thing was great, that night he text me and told he had a great night and loves to hang out next week. we went out again and we had an awesome evening. (and on the first date he mentioned that "this is a date")
    but I don't know why, from 2 or 3 days ago he insists on using the term FRIEND.
    I know I'm not his boyfriend, but on the other hand we went on DATE so I thought that we are something different from JUST FRIEND!
    aha, at the same time, he plans another date for next week.
    so now, I'm confused, is he trying to hold me back? Dose he need more time to know me better? Who am I for him a date or JUST A FRIEND?

2. FishMan27

I think he probably just wants to get to know you better. I know for me personally, I would want to get to know someone pretty well before committing to a title such as "boyfriend." Even on Facebook I won't accept anyone's request unless I've hung out with them enough to get to know them (I know this is a bit different than the kind of relationship we're talking about, but the thought processes are the same). I wouldn't get too uptight about it.

3. rx79g

Was it around someone he wasn't out to? Maybe he was saying friend so someone didn't catch on.

4. rainbowfox

tanks :slight_smile: I think FishMan27 is right :slight_smile: he needs more time. I didn't think he should call me his boyfriend now as I don't call him, but I think he is trying to show me that he needs time :slight_smile: