1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why am i jealous with my "boyfriend" if i am a lesbian

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tapsilog2012, Oct 10, 2012.

1. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

What the hell is wrong with me?

My "boyfriend" (now technically ex) and I still live together for financial reasons. I came out to him a few months ago. I know its not fair for us to still be in a relationship because I don't want to have sex with him.

But whenever he starts talking about a girl he likes I get super posessive and jealous, especially if the girl seems a lot like me. We are both dancers and he mentioned another dancer and how he would have gone out with her before if he knew I was gay.

Ive been crying for the past hour over this and feeling guilty and disgusted with myself. I don't know why am being so posessive. Its not like he gets this way when I talk about my crushes on other women.

Its like Im still in love with him or something. Its so upsetting.

2. maybe because he has another love interest and he may be trying to persue them and you maybe are not pursing yours?
    i could be wrong though.

but it is a common thing for me to feel jealous when my friends talk about their new bf and i dont swing that way, it just makes me want someone lol.

3. Mogget

Just because you don't want to have sex with him doesn't mean you don't have feelings for him. Sexual and romantic orientation don't always perfectly correspond.

4. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Thanks guys for your replies.

@Mogget I see you are "mostly gay" and also "panromantic" from your info. This description also suits me. I am also very monogamous, I am in love with only 1 person at a time.

Do you find it really hard to have this orientation? Cause I do.

I can't believe there could be someone out there that I could find both sexually attractive and be in love with. I can imagine her but she seems like she would be too good to be true.

5. Mogget

I crush on people fairly rarely, so it isn't a huge difficulty for me. That said, my last serious crush was on an asexual girl and I had no idea how to handle that.