1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling so down today...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by O_Negative, Oct 10, 2012.

1. O_Negative

I started out feeling pretty good. Bought myself a new hoodie that my eye was on, and a hat, and I got to see my crush for a while today...which is always nice...she's first and foremost one of my best friends.

She told me today though that she and her bf had sex in the past few days (she didnt give me an exact day). It was a first for her. I am so happy she has a great guy...shes been ecstatic and they are both aware of my feelings for her. He has actually been a HUGE support in my coping with not having her (she is straight and I'm not always male...)...But it didnt stop me from feeling really really sad and a little jealous of him today.

She just left to go home...but not before talking about wanting to slap my butt (because i was laying awkwardly and she's silly XD) and getting SUPER close to my face while I blushed profusely and told her to stop (which egged her on :confused:)...

so Im sad. I...just...ugh. I dont want some serious emotional relationship...I just want someone to kiss...to have little moments with...even for a little while. I want the comfort. I have a serious case of the lonelies today...

2. sunnii

hey can i just ask have you ever had a relationship before?

I havent and i have a crush on one of my closest friends and not trying to sound a bit mental i get a weird bittersweet feeling when it comes to him and his gf. like i really like her too and i like seeing them together but i want what they have and on one side i like being with them as well as seeing a good couple while on the other hand i feel so lonely.

3. O_Negative

Yes. Two, each with a man, first 19+months, second 9+ months. And yeah that about describes it. Im really so happy for her...hes an amazing guy. I dont know what id do if she had someone that was bad towards her or something...but im still so sad...

4. O_Negative

How do people handle this? =(

5. AlexisAnne

If it helps, I know how you feel first hand. I was in the same situation with my best friend for a very long time. It wasn't remotely easy. Like me, she's an extreme flirt which, didn't seem to bother her, but kind of put me through emotional help. For a time I was afraid I'd have to excommunicate her from my life. I understand the whole idea of being happy for the fact that she's with a good guy even though... Well you know.

For me, I did have to take some time apart to sort things out. I did that, not easy by the way, and I came to realize that "we" weren't going to happen. If you don't see anything actually happening between the two of you, that's my advice. If the reverse is the case, you two should talk. Don't know if this helped, but our friendship is stronger than ever and I'm ok with the situation now.

Good luck. I know how much this sucks :frowning2:

6. O_Negative

its just...she told me she's straight...which makes it a no because she said so before I came out to her as gender fluid. I am not always a guy...so I figure that just goes along with it. I just have this nagging, seemingly irrational hope that maybe she'll give me a chance some day.

It bugs me because while I dont want to let go of it, I want to be realistic...

7. AlexisAnne

I know it's tough, and trust me it took a long time for me to come around to doing what I did. Did I do what was best? Well, I did what was best for me. Does that mean it's best for you? I couldn't say. As I think everyone on this site is aware, we're all a little different. I do know from experience that nursing these feelings for a long time can be extremely negative. By the end, before I took my break, I had come to resent her to the point where every conversation we had turned into an argument over completely stupid crap. It's a wonder there was a friendship to come back to.

In the end I can only offer my experience and suggestions. You have to decide what you're route is going to be. Take some time, nobody says you have to decide what to do right this minute. Just don't let it get to a point where it devours you. I've been down that road and its extremely bumpy.

I hope I've helped in some small way. You're way too cool a person to spend your time in the dumps. :slight_smile:

8. O_Negative

The last comment there made me >.<

Thank you.

My family kind of made my night ten million times better too. I LOOOOVE animals. Especially aquatic life. Perhaps a little too much. I had a couple bettas but they've both passed on in the past month because I haven't had the time to care for them properly..I was...so upset...and feel awful.

Last night I came home super late to find one of my old tanks all lit up with the sweetest little mystery snails inside it. Theyre active and super low maintenance...just what I needed. After the day I had, it brought me nearly to tears. They're so cute!

I'm searching paired names for em hehe

Thanks again TJM

9. AlexisAnne

Happy to help. You will get through your issues. You obviously have a lot of people in your corner :slight_smile: