1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rachyl, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Ok. Well just a quick trip to the past. On Sept 21 I came out to my wife of 12yrs *best friends for 14*

Well it did not go too well. :eusa_doh:

She is willing to live together, and let me see guys and such. :confused:

Only problem, no one else in the family wants that, in fact most want me gone tomorrow or tonight:icon_sad:

We don't have any biologic children between us. She has three daughters and four grandchildren. One of the grandchildren is autistic and ADHD, and has lived with us since he was born. *long story* :icon_sad:

He has just recently been calling me Dad, and how happy he is being my son, I have always been Papa to him, and my wife Nana, or in the last year mom.

He knows who he bio mother is and calls her mommy, but loves living here. My wife is disabled and would more likely go live with her daughter *autistic grandson's mom*

But he has a meltdown every time we mention it, as he thinks she is more strict than us. *true I think*

Everyone is telling her its better to have me leave now then wait until our lease is up in March. I have no job as I spent the last 4 yrs taking care of her and him.

I am excited to know that I am gay, but it is tearing me up inside seeing all the damage and hurt I am causing her.

What should I do?

BTW I have an old friend who I came out to and he was fine with it, *single dad* very straight. He even offered for me to go crash on his couch until I get myself up and running.
    :help:

#1 Rachyl, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2012
  2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's put everybody else aside for just a minute. Let's say everybody else says "Whatever you want to do is fine". What do you want to do?

Lex

3. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

I think it would be better to live separate, because I feel like I have to play the straight guy, here at home, and I can feel the animosity from my step-grandson's mother and I take care of the boys *her other son I pick up from the bus after school* until she comes by and picks them up. I would like to stay in this country *Canadian* so that I could at least still be some part of their lives, but I don't know if I am making things worse by doing so. My parents would love for me to move back and my best friend there is 100% fine with me being gay. He said he always be my wing man.

I am very confused.:confused:

---------- Post added 10th Oct 2012 at 03:08 PM ----------

BTW my wife just told the oldest and youngest today over the phone, and of course they are upset. *both live in Texas* We're in Washington

4. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

:icon_sad:Well It looks like it might be decided for me. My step daughter is taking my wife and grandson's out tonight to talk. She is royally pissed at me right now. So I might be looking for a new place to live in the next 24 hrs:tears: