1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Twitter

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by core34510, Oct 10, 2012.

1. core34510

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This just happened to my friend over twitter and it's just really frustrating.

Person 1 is my friend who is gay but isn't out.

It makes me really mad that I can't do anything about and that my friend won't do anything either.

2. Jim1454

I think you've just affirmed my decision to not be bothered with twitter...

So person 3 essentially 'dissed' person 1, and you're assuming it's because they 'think' person 1 is gay even though person 1 isn't out? Or is there another reason person 3 would diss person 1, other than the fact that person 3 is likely an asshole who doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things...

3. i cant quite grasp what was offencive.... as idk what was said...

if your friend isnt bothered by it, then dont worry. it is the internet though, everyone has something to say mean or not. dont let it get to you or him.

twitter/fb/whatever else, people seem to get into arguments/say mean things on them all the time, when all they need to do is log out..... simple.

its the internet..... not real life.... real life is the only thing you really should worry about.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    3 gives 2 grief for following (and retweeting) 1. Is it a jab at 2 for following someone they're not good enough to follow?is it a jab at 1 because 1 isn't worth following and/or retweeting? Both? And how would 3 know unless 3 is following 2?

The main thing anyone will take away from this isn't "1 is a lame person to follow" or "2 isn't cool enough to retweet 1". It's "3 is kind of a dick". And I think your friend gets that. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. core34510

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry for the confusion. 2 and 3 are friends and 3 is making a jab at 1 because there are rumours that 1 is gay. What is offensive is that 3 refers to my friend as "it".