1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life after Prison

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by davie, Oct 11, 2012.

1. davie

hello...so anyway, i just joined this site and lurking around, it seems alright...i'm out to all the folks that it matters to be out to, so that's not a problem...anywho i just got out of prison...i was a klepto in a past life...and life is dragging me down...i have put in like 400 applications and resumes and took like 30 interviews in the last 3 weeks...i think the only people who will hire me is mickey dees and i want to :***: die...i brought it on meself i guess, but it brings me down...i miss my boo boo...he's doin life for all kinds of hooligan shit but he's sooooo good to me and i misses him sooooo much....i guess life is just bringing me down...i'm stuck in this halfway house in birmingham alabama and i'm alone among many...thanks for reading...if you did...luv to all

2. needshelp

hold your head, breh. you're not the only one going through the struggle. you'll be okay. (*hug*)

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

I don't know the normal steps from prison-to-reintegration, but it wouldn't surprise me if you have to start back at ground zero...which may mean Chez Ronald McDonald or a similar type of establishment. It's a crap job, no question, but if you can maintain it for a few months, and be a good employee, you'll probably start looking more employable to other people.

Lex

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Lex start at the bottom and work your way up, once you have proven yourself for a period of time, more people will look at you.

5. J Snow

I also agree that a job at McDonald's is probably going to be the best stepping stone for you right now. I used to work at McDonald's for a couple years in high school and I honestly didn't think it was as bad as people make it out to be.