1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reassessing myself and I need some advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FunyunsNCoffee, Oct 11, 2012.

1. FunyunsNCoffee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Over the past several months, I've been reconsidering my own sexuality. Up until now, I had considered myself straight. I guess what I'm trying to say is while I've always liked women I had never considered any potential attraction (romantic) to men until the past year or so. Certain thoughts and fantasies started replaying in my mind. I guess a big part of the situation I'm in now was Frank Ocean coming out. It made me want to look at myself closer. I realized that if I had to completely honest with myself or anyone if they asked that I would have to say I'm not entirely straight and then considered the possibility that I'm Bisexual.

I know that sexuality is fluid and that people can change over time. But honestly, it just seems sudden to me. Any thoughts on where I can go from here?

2. PinkTractor

Hi,

For what it's worth I went 45 years thinking I was straight. No feeling doubt about it, no feelings of same sex attraction, no dissatisfaction with my heterosexual relationships based on the gender of my partners. Then it all changed. It's very weird to have that happen but apparently it's possible.
    My best advice is keep an open mind within yourself. Read on the topic, educate yourself some, within the privacy of your own mind imagine all sorts of scenarios and see how they feel to you...don't panic because you don't know "what you are"...give yourself some time to consider the options. It took me two years to find the self-definition that I could connect with.