1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am an in the closet little chicken

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justlauren64, Oct 11, 2012.

1. justlauren64

so today, i finally decided in honor of national coming out day that i would tell me fantabulous little sister that im bisexual. im well aware that she is a large supporter of gay rights and a generally accepting person. unfortunately, i found out, she doesnt actually know what bisexual means. heres how i found out: we like to play little trivia games with eachother, it became a habit while studying for history tests, and today thats what we were doing. first she asks me whats the capital of russia? and im like moscow. and then i ask what are the 4 founders of hogwarts? she answers. we go on for a while and then when shes least expecting it i said, "what does bisexual mean?" this was the first time she paused. then she answered: umm like a he/she? :eusa_doh:
    i still want to tell her but im convinced that now it will be even harder to come out to her. you know what else i know? that this is just a :***: excuse because im being a coward.

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, educate her. That's what I do whenever I tell people I'm androgyne. Just give them the gist of what it is.

Sooner or later, you'll go "Fuck it, I'll just say it"

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't make you a coward - you just learned about another step you need to take before coming out to your sister.

And don't worry about NCOD too much - it's great if you're ready to do it, but if you're not (or the situation isn't ready yet), then another day will do just as well. :slight_smile:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could get some info for her about bisexual and let her read it and digest it before you come out ot her.