1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone explain her behaviour?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by randomflag, Oct 12, 2012.

1. randomflag

My friend’s behaviour is really odd and hurtful, why is she doing this? She has been trying to get my attention in more ways than one over the past 6 months, she deliberately argues with me or says something horrible so I’ll give her a reaction. When she was drunk she told me that she had something for me, but in the morning she couldn’t remember anything. The same night she winked at me and phoned me so that I would go and sit with her. She couldn’t stop crying as she told me that she’d had an abortion 2 weeks ago. I know this was physically impossible (as I was with her on the date that she stated), and she changed the story to, she had an abortion when she was 22. She has been giving me loads of wonderful attention over the past few weeks, telling me how wonderful I am (and I fell for it), I ended up kissing her and she just sat there (she didn’t show any emotion), I asked her whether she had any feelings for me and she denied, she said she didn’t know what I was talking about.

I explained my story to a friend that proceeded to ask her if she was gay (she got very angry over the phone and told her that she was 100% straight and that everyone should back off because they don’t know a thing about her). I apologised for being forward with her (kissing) and she said we were still friends (I thought everything was over with). But, over the past few months she has not contacted once, even though I’ve asked her to come over a couple of times. She told my friends that she was still shocked by the whole thing and that she wanted to see me to talk. My friend then called me and told me to apologise again for what I’d done, and that she was shocked and upset.

I arranged to meet her but when I got there she was smiling from ear to ear. I did not push her to say anything but she proceeded to say that she didn’t contact me because she didn’t want me thinking that she was flirting with me! Her behaviour is driving me crazy and my friend thinks that it’s my fault and that she’s really upset, when really she led me on to believe that she fancied me. She wants to make me feel like I can’t trust myself and what I saw (the flirting).

Do you think she fancies me? Or is she looking for attention? Please help.

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Why are you friends with this person? She seems sociopathic. I don't think she fancies you, to be honest. I think she might be intentionally fooling with you.