1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my PE teacher?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tryhtwfr, Oct 12, 2012.

1. tryhtwfr

Hey guys,

Basically this teacher joined my school about 2 years ago and from how he looked as in the way he licked his lips and moved his tongue, he was labelled gay by a good amount of the year but don't get me wrong, he is sexy as hell. And when we were doing PE, some people were touching each other as a joke and not in that way and he says 'why are you 2 touching each other, don't you think that's a bit weird?' And he says that infront of the whole year then people think he's straight. Then recently, after hours of searching on facebook I finally got his profile and found about 3 pictures suggesting he was gay. His profile picture of him topless in shorts with another guy topless in shorts beside each other, a picture of him snogging a guy with both his eyes closed and lastly a picture of him and a friend in tight boxers holding each other by the shoulders. And I want to come out to him and get some advice because he seems so masculine but from what I've seen, he seems gay to me and I just am interested in how he got his life on track in such a homophobic area. But I don't want to go up to him and be like are you gay? Cause I defo will get in so much trouble considering I tease him behind his back and he notices. Any ideas on how I should approach this?

2. BudderMC

Well first off, you should stop teasing him. I don't care how much peer pressure is on you, that's not really acceptable under any circumstances, even moreso since he's your teacher and you're in a homophobic area. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if other people were teasing you instead, regardless whether they know you're gay or not.

Anyways, I don't know where you're from or the rules in the area you're in, but at least around here my teachers weren't actually supposed to disclose their sexuality. So, if you want to talk with him, I think it would be wise to come out to him first (since you assume he'd be supportive, if he actually is gay) rather than get him to tell you. He's more likely to "come out" if he has a good reason to, not because someone who seems like a punk wants more "ammo", so to speak.

I think you also need to make it very clear for yourself why you want to approach this. In your post, you've described a lot about how attractive he is and other physical qualities but not a lot about him as a person... if you're coming out to him in the hopes something beyond student-teacher relationship will develop, that is a very bad idea.

3. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I totally agree with what BudderMC has said, I think you should think about the reasoning behind why you want to come out to him. And even if you do come out to him I'm not totally sure that he would come out to you, if you want to find out whether he is gay or not. It sounds like he tries to keep that part of himself private. But I other than that, I think it would be a good idea, it seems like he would be helpful in some way!

4. tryhtwfr

I totally understand where you're coming from and its not the fact that I want to tease him, its just 2 factors come into this. First off, he's been a dick to me in the past and has gotten me internally excluded me many times but now I'm starting to see a nicer side to him considering he doesn't teach my group anymore and it really is purely because my friends do it so I have to do it otherwise I'll be the one made the joke out of considering I was called gay when I first joined and getting that label off my name was hard work because it was such a hard life and I don't want to go back to that.

It's really how I approach it because I just have a feeling, he will talk behind my back with the other masculine PE teachers and suddenly word would have got out to the entire year. Keeping in mind, he thinks I hate him, I'm really scared and feel so intimidated by him BUT I know he can be of help and support but really confused as to how to approach it. And no no no, its nothing like that, I am just curious as to how he has got his life to how it is, there probably were many bumps on the road but he did get it on the right track but I'm just confused on how to ask him.

Very private considering his behaviour towards this whole thing but I don't understand if he wants to be private, why would he use those kinds of comments in class infront of the other PE teachers who he has added on facebook which can view all his pictures?