1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She's just great! But.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordash, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Jordash

Okay, so I met this girl, online...
    I know your probably automatically thinking it's wrong, but hear me out.

She's really cute, and nice, a huge improvement on the loser I've been dating. She makes me happy, like really really happy! We have similar interests and have been talking for quite some time now. I've developed feelings for her... just reading messages I get from her make my stomach flutter and I turn red.
    She's gay too, which I recently found out. :slight_smile:

Now for the issues...
    I'm 15, she just turned 21.
    I live in America, she lives in Asia.

That's really it for cons... but those could still lead to problems.
    I know she's had long distance relationships before, so it wouldn't be an issue for her most likely... and she seems like she likes me...

Do you think a relationship would work between us? Should I ask her to be my girlfriend?

2. King

King Guest

No.

Obviously that's the short answer, but I don't think it makes much sense to begin dating if you live in different continents... I just don't see it being a very good, healthy relationship.
    That's not taking into consideration anything else, though. Ultimately you should go with what you want, but as an outsider who doesn't fancy even across-province relationships (let alone different countries), I don't think it's viable.

3. castle walls

This is all just my opinion but . . .

If you're looking for a long term thing, I wouldn't go for it. I've been in long distance relationships and it can be difficult. The distance isn't the only problem in my view. I think a problem would be that who knows when you two would actually be able to see each other. It will be really hard if not impossible to make the relationship last if you two never see each other.

Another issue would be (for a lack of a better term) the age difference. I think that you two are at different stages of life right now. That could lead to an imbalance of power in the relationship.

Personally, I think that it would be incredibly difficult to make it work and it could easily turn into an unhealthy relationship. With all that being said, I'm just a stranger on the internet and I don't know everything. However, if I were you, I wouldn't go for it. At least not right now

4. speedracing22

No. 15 and 21 is way too far apart. I mean you are in what, middle school? And she is graduating college? That's 6 years difference. When you are older it doesn't matter (i.e. 20 vs 26) but at this stage you two are in two totally different parts of your life.

5. rainbowbear

rainbowbear Guest

I'm sorry, but it wouldn't work and not for just one reason. First off, she is six years older than you and when you're just fifteen or sixteen, that's a gigantic age difference. If a person is older, say twenty and there's that age difference, it isn't a big deal. But when you're the age that you are, the law comes into play which means it's actually pretty much illegal. Secondly, the two of you are two different continents. Long distance relationships can sometimes work, but not when they're that far away. Most likely when two people are that far away, they will most likely never see each other and that will make a relationship go down the drain. Not only that, but also with any long distance relationship there is the fact that the both partners have more of a chance and an easier time being unfaithful. I'm sorry because I'm positive you didn't want to hear this, but even though I don't know you, I would prefer to not see you get hurt.

6. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I have to agree with what the others were saying, I don't think it would be a very good idea to get involved with someone with that age difference. I don't think the relationship would be very healthy and who knows if you would ever be able to meet each other in real life. Maybe you two have talked about meeting before but there is no guarantee that something like that would actually happen. I just don't think it would be a good idea, and I think the both of you would get hurt in the end.