1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I give up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Kso1995, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Kso1995

I just want to kill myself. I GIVE UP! any suggestions for painless ways to kill yourself.

and no im not being sarcastic or trying to be funny.

2. Romi

I don't know what's going on or why you feel like you just want to give up, but I'm pleading with you not to.

You've probably heard it all before, but it really does get better, easier, and there is always something worth living for. Don't give up. Life is worth it, whether you think so right now or not. Just give it time.

And please. Please don't think you ever have to go through life alone. Because you don't. There are wonderful people here that will be by your side. And I'm one of those people.

So instead of painless ways to kill yourself, I urge you to look at seamless ways to improve your outlook on life. Surely there's something that makes you happy, makes you feel sad that you'd be leaving it behind.

3. Pat

Pat

The best advice I can give to you is that.. don't give up on tomorrow. Every day is a new start. I know the worst thing to do with you is to downplay what your emotions may be like. I have often woke up feeling like, what's the point. In those moments, you have to think about the positive things in your life. If there are no positive things that you identify with, fine. Think about your family and how it will hurt them. Especially if it's something they wanted to help you with. Do you ever look at the sky, and the trees or heck, you're in Venice, that water..(OMG) and just admire those things? Get in touch with your creator, it's really divine. :slight_smile: Also, you have to be fair to us a little more.. I'm sure we have all been where you are and can help you in your time of need. If you could just give us a little hint what's going on, we can help! You know, you have a big extended family here and me personally, I don't want any boy to feel the way I did coming up. Let us help you out a little bit with this. If you need someone in person, do speak to a professional. There's just so much more to you then you know :slight_smile: Being gay is just a piece of you my man. After you get over that hump, you'll be way better off..

#3 Pat, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  4. davidroberts

dear u shudnt think abt giving up . life is a gift and it shud not be given away. i m sure u hv big problems in life but there sure is a way to overcome them. der r ppl in the world for whom u matter and u cnt do dat to themselves. i m sure you are a brave person . u jus need to tell us abt ur problems dear. we ll try our best to help :slight_smile: :slight_smile: waiting for your reply :slight_smile:

5. Closet88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to pull yourself together and stop being so down. You're 17 years old and have got your whole life ahead of you. You can do what you want with your life. Is there anyone you can discuss these problems with? If you're feeling like this I'd recommend going to see a therapist. You may feel like you want to kill yourself now, but think about it. If you kill yourself there is no turning back, no second chance. You won't be feeling like this forever. Chat to someone you know! Chat to people on this site! I will gladly listen to your problems :slight_smile:

6. Amicus

You're obviously in a lot of pain right now. (*hug*) But I can tell that deep down you do not want to die. How do I know? I'm absolutely positive that you did not post here expecting to receive recommendations on how to kill yourself.

What I think you really want (and need) is help with your pain. If you think you are seriously in danger of harming yourself, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.

The pain might seem overwhelming now, but these thoughts and feelings for many can and will pass. I can't promise you that things will get better. I can't promise you that whatever is troubling you will go away. But at least give yourself the chance to make that happen.

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Harming yourself will only cause more pain, suicide is never the answer. You're looking for a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You cannot give up hope nor lose faith in yourself, ”This Too Shall Pass” always tell myself and it makes me stronger. You're so young, please believe that you have so much to live for. Life is what you make it and you're in control of your happiness. Do not allow negative thoughts to keep you down. You have to remain positive about life, believe me, I know how unfair life can be, but it gets better--but only if you believe it :slight_smile:

8. AlexisAnne

You don't want to do this. As bad as things might be, and as much as you might think you want to, trust me you don't. When I was in my late teens and early twenties, I went through this kind of darkness, and those thoughts hounded me too. The most important thing to remember, and it's been said in this thread already but it's important enough that I think I'm going to repeat it, "Things can and will get better." Life really can go from horrendously bad to great in the blink of an eye and it often only takes one thing to push it over.

I won't pretend it's easy. It took me a long time to overcome my demons and become the well adjusted, if somewhat wordy gal before you. As somebody else said, you wouldn't be posting on this site, asking for painless ways to kill yourself if you truly wanted to. I too doubt that you honestly expected anybody to offer up suggestions. A part of you wanted to reach out to people and this is how you did it. And its good that you did.

I don't know if there's anything I can do to help, but my wall is always open if you need to talk, about absolutely anything at all. I'm a good listener/reader :slight_smile:

I'm not even asking you to try and remain completely positive. Life is hard and, yes, it does suck sometimes. No argument. I tend to operate under the rule that it's okay to be negative at times, to a point, as long as it's kept in perspective, and you're constructive about it, if that makes sense.

Anyway, regardless of the question in your post, you did the right thing in posting here. Good luck, and don't do anything rash.

9. greg56

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know what you're going through...but, I'm feeling the same way(what time of month is it, lol). I'm going on 56 and have lots of experiance with this feeling...but, in the end...the only thing it really will accomplish is to make the people who love you: sick, hurt, lonely for you, wondering why you didn't talk to them so they could help you and a thousand other reasons.

You of course wouldn't know all of this, because you would be gone

The best way is to find out...by talking to them now.
    greg

10. J Snow

I'm not sure what exactly it is that's making you feel this way, but I do understand how you are feeling. I've been there, and I think a lot of people here have. That's why everyone cares so much about you not going through with this.

I would like to help with whatever issues are making you feel this way. You can always contact me if you need someone to talk to. I like to feel helpful so don't worry about bothering me =P

Please, get some counseling, and get some help. There are therapists and there is medicine. You can feel good again. You are only 17, and you have so much life yet to live. Things get so much better in college. People celebrate the uniqueness of others as opposed to isolating the different.

Please, don't give up. I'll be right here if you want to talk (*hug*)

11. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey man, I'm sorry that you're feeling so upset. Please don't attempt to kill yourself. Please talk to people here and call the Trevor hotline @ 1-866-488-7386 and or go to their site Preventing Suicide Among LGBTQ Youth | The Trevor Project. I hope you can talk to someone like a school counselor or doctor. People care about you. Please let us know you're ok. (*hug*)

12. Jim1454

I'm sorry that you're feeling this low. I've been there myself - feeling that there wasn't anything to live for. But I was wrong - and you're wrong too. There's lots to live for - but you're not able to see that or even imagine that at the moment because you're too down.

As suggested - talk to your parents. They want to help. They might not know how - but they want to. Have them take them to your family doctor and talk to him/her about what's going on. And remember that you can talk to any of us here on the EC staff. Send me an message and let me know what's going on right now that is making life so difficult.