1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotionally tired and so lonely

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by core34510, Oct 13, 2012.

1. core34510

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At school, I have plenty of people I can hang out with, people I would consider friends, but I still feel like an outsider. I can't relate with these people and I definitely can't talk to them about stuff. There's only one person I can actually talk to and we've never even had a conversation in person.

I'm just so tired of only having myself for company, nobody I can rely on. Nobody there to care.

I thought I was okay with my life but here I am breaking down because I'm just so lonely.

2. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in a very similar situation. I'm on the same emotional downswing, I try to find way's to pretend that I'm not always so lonely but that is not the best or even a good solution.

Is there a way you can meet this person? or Skype? I have a friend like yours, and just being able to talk to them "face to face" over Skype is helpful.

sorry if I come off as a bit rude (I'm paranoid about seeming that way, sorry) but I just though I might offer my advice, coming from a similar situation.

3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

I understand how that feels enough. I have friends at school too. But, we're not that close to talk about deep and emotional things. It may seem like no one cares at times, but I can tell you there is at least one person who cares. At least have a bit of hope, it's all we got sometimes.

4. core34510

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The person I can talk to is somebody I go to school with, we always chat over facebook or text...that kind of helps, but its not enough. We don't talk in person because our paths don't cross very often.

5. Muraba

Muraba Guest

We're all the same, I swear. I usually just get on here to read some posts. It usually cheers me up to see some good advice. Just keep looking forward, and keep posting on here. It has helped me since I found this site one or two weeks ago.

6. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would ask them if they wanted to hang out some time then, maybe at lunch or after school. :icon_bigg

7. wandering i

If you want to talk, I'd be glad to listen. Until college, I never met another person my own age who I felt was completely on the same page as me- and even after that, I realized that even those with similar interests don't necessarily have that close connection. But there are people out there that you will resonate with. I've met a number of them in my travels and through the net, as well as by coincidence in real life. You never know who will become just who you were looking for.
    Try to take solace in music, books, video games, movies, anything that speaks to you. Other people made those things! Even if they can't hear your voice, you can draw strength and reassurance from their message. I also keep a daily journal. Sometimes just getting a thought out can be a relief.

8. core34510

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A daily journal seems like a good idea, although not very practical. I feel like a mental patient making myself do that and it takes time out of my day.

Anyways, I'm feeling better today...the loneliness comes and goes...thanks.