1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay in a Christian Area

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jaysuss, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jaysuss

So I came out to the first person about 3 weeks ago and it turned about to be the wrong person to come out to. The person turned away from me and made fun of me. Over the past couple of weeks i have come out to my mom and dad and another friend who wonders why I chose the harder lifestyle (she doesn't understand that your born this way and not a choice we make). I would like to come out to everyone but I like in a really religious area where everyday you hear people talking about how being gay is an abomination. My parents say they support me but my dad gives me the cold shoulder and makes fun of me.
    It's hard to live with the stress that if I come out i will lose all my friends and team mates (i'm on swim team so it would be really hard to keep friends and not be alienated there over anywhere else) I dont know what to do!:bang:

2. Muraba

Muraba Guest

I'm sorry that you are in an area that doesn't accept homosexuality. I am too, but look at the bright side. At least you have your mother. She said she supports you right? I, myself, haven't had a very positive experience from my mother or father, but that is another story. Just keep looking to get out of that hateful place. Sorry if that sounded blunt, but it is true. Hold on. Like me.(*hug*)

3. jaysuss

I guess thats all I can really do. Thanks :thumbsup:

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

The only comfort I can offer you is to assure you that you're most definitely not alone. I live in the most religious/conservative area in my state. Its hard to live around people that don't understand you- I know. But there are two kinds of ignorant people in thw world: Those who don't care to enlighten themselves and those who do want to be educated. The more you put yourself out there, the more you'll find people like that. If there are any LGBT centers in your area, you could go to one. Or you could fight to establish a GSA at your school (in any public school that allows non-curricular clubs, they can't deny you from forming one) Best of luck, and I hope thing get better for you.(*hug*)