1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotional Versus Physical Attraction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dutchpie, Oct 14, 2012.

1. dutchpie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have always believed there were two types of attraction, physical and emotional. And both really need to be present for chemistry and for a relationship to happen, well for me anyways.

I am attracted to women both physically and emotionally. I'm also attracted to the male body and some men physically, but there is never an emotional connection. Dating a man is similar to dating a platonic friend.

Essentially there is no chemistry no matter how physically attractive the man is. I know for me that emotional attraction can lead to physical attraction though, again only happens with females.

I consider myself a gay female, not bisexual. But I don't quite understand why I find men physically attractive. Am I just strange or do other people experience this. Thanks for your help.

2. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I for one am Gay. I have an attraction to men and men only. I can look at females and say to them, "hey, you look kinda cute" with that polka dot bikini... Lol. Sorry that lyric just popped into my head. All in all I can look at a female and think she is very pretty, georgious, sexy, etc. However I don't get a physical attraction. I don't know if this helps or not so I apologize if it does not help you.

3. Faeyth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ohh high five! An internet one, at least :grin: I experience this too, but have just went with Pansexual. Recently though, I seem to get that physical attraction with guys less and less (Hurray for hot girls!) I think we very well may be 'biromantic homosexual' :slight_smile:

4. kem

kem

I don't think it's necessary for me to find a label for my sexuality. I am mostly, if not exclusively, sexually attracted to men. I can appreciate the female body, though and I've become attracted emotionally to women as well... Still I'd say I'm just gay or something like kinsey 5.

5. Pat

Pat

Well I kind of have the same thing going on with women. I wouldn't say I'm sexually attracted to them because i'm not. But I do appreciate a female body and their curves. It's just something different. If I focus intently on a girl, it's because I have this thing where I kinda want her to acknowledge me JUST because. I can be an attention whore. Doesn't mean I want her, I just want her to acknowledge me. I never flirt, I just like chat with them sometimes. I think that's normal. My straight guy friends won't admit to me that they know when a guy is attractive. It's BS. I know what a pretty girl looks like and no matter how they deny it, they know when a guy looks good. It usually inspires jealousy whether they can identify with it or not. The thing that makes a guy attractive to me is that the physical attraction can be obvious, but you often have to work for their affection. And I don't mean getting them to flirt with you or hang on you like a puppy, I mean.. ACTUALLY build a bond emotionally. An emotional bond is the strongest bond there is, that's what sustains marriages, because physical attraction isn't always there as we age and progress. I used to think now why in the hell would I be attracted to this guy in 20 years when he's no longer my type? lol. It's because he's going to be one with me emotionally, and when you get to that point everything he is stays beautiful. It's quite fascinating actually. I always tell people, I don't want to be in love, that means that I'm crazy. Truthfully, I would prefer to keep my sanity and build a bond mentally. That's trust issues really. If a guy can prove to me he's trustworthy, then i'll be crazy for him. But yeah, the main thing when I see a guy i'm attracted to is, the next thought would be how can I get to know him emotionally, because every guy or girl that sees him knows he's attractive. Only special people would know him emotionally.

6. jaysuss

I have tried for many years to date a girl to see if i was straight or at least bi but I never felt any type of attraction towards them. I feel bad because they all really liked me and I just broke the hearts and felt nothing of it. I think it starts with either or and then eventually builds to both. For me it starts physically and ends up going emotionally.(with a bit of luck).