1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm too scared to kiss again :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by StarlightFox5, Oct 14, 2012.

1. StarlightFox5

Ok, so I've only really kissed two people intentionally. They were both guys, and I hated both kisses, it wasn't enjoyable, but it wasn't bad. It was just, weird. I actually remember washing my mouth out with mouth wash, haha. However, after kissing my ex boyfriend he was saying that we needed to perfect my kissing abilities, so I guess I suck at kissing. I know i would probably be better if I tried with girls, because I'm deathly afraid of guys and I was so nervous when kissing my ex, that I froze when kissing. Long story short, now I'm afraid of kissing. I guess I have kissed a girl but I was 10 and we were playing a game. I remember liking it though, I didn't like her, but I liked the kiss, so i kept getting her to kiss me again and again, but I don't know if people count it. I just want another kiss like that, one where I actually smile, but now I'm too scared to kiss and it's ruining everything! I'm going to a gay/lesbian Halloween party with a girl I really like, but I'm too afraid to start a relationship because i'm afraid she'll think i suck at kissing. what do I do? :help:

2. im not changing

first thing to do it calm down, no-one sucks at kissing, you just need to feel comfortable around the person your gonna kiss and just ease into it, if your nervous, follow her lead, look into her eyes.. then back down to her lips then back up to her eyes and she'll know what you mean, then just go with the flow :slight_smile: x

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've kissed three guys and I never enjoyed it. They seemed to, but I only initiated kissing once to practice on my guy friend (the third guy) and he teased me. I had tried it on him because I figured we were friends so I might like it. I was so nervous though... -__- I didn't enjoy any of it, and I've never kissed a girl but I always wanted to.

One of my exes taught me how to make out, but I was kinda revolted by the whole thing and it was hard to pretend I enjoyed it lol so I doubt I was any good at it.

I think if the two people involved care for each other theyll help each other and it'll be great! :slight_smile:

4. StarlightFox5

Thanks. I'll try not to get so worked up. I just hope my future girlfriend is patient with me, haha.

5. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Well, to be good at anything it takes practice. Putting yourself out there would probably be a really interesting experience for you.:slight_smile: Best of luck!

6. StarlightFox5

you're probably right, I just get really shy when it comes to romance :confused:. It's hard for me to come out of my shell, but when the party comes, I'll try. I just found out the girl doesn't like me, but oh well, there will be plenty of other lesbians there :newcolor:, and the rest of my friends will be there, so it'll just be about having fun (!):eusa_danc

7. livinglifefree

My girlfriend(a lesbian) was told the same thing by a guy she used to date. I can say from experience though that she is by no means a bad kisser. She is quite good actually. I think it makes a huge difference when you are actually attracted to the person you are kissing. Without a doubt, your first lesbian kiss as a teenager will be better. So just relax and I am sure you will have a great time and eventually kiss the right girl.

8. StarlightFox5

Thanks, that makes me feel a little less nervous, I'm probably just freaking out over nothing, thats my problem. I tend to overthink things, possibly because of my anxiety or my paranoia. Especially if I have a bad experience once, I'm always afraid it will be the same way the next time.

9. PerfectInsanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a guy and have had this same problem, although unfortunately it carried over to my first gay kiss/make out. I wasn't attracted to the guy at all and was just kinda leading him on to see what it was like (it was at a bar). I was so nervous about being there and it was gross for me because he was a smoker, and I actually gagged when he put his tongue in my mouth. :eusa_sick I think a big part of it was the nervousness of being alone in a gay bar for the first time too, but maybe part of it was some subconscious, lingering internal-homophobia. Ultimately I wasn't attracted to the person at all though. Other than that it didn't feel much different to when I kissed the few girlfriends I had back in high school when I was in the closet. With the opposite sex I tried to seem passionate about it, but it never felt right and I ended up feeling like I was just being a sloppy kisser.

I think it probably will feel good when you're with the right person though. I've envisioned kissing crushes I've had and the thought of it feels right (and doesn't make me feel gaggy), so hopefully it will feel right when the right person comes along.

10. Ljssussex

Kissing is a very personal thing. If you kiss any random person it will probably be awful as just a physical thing without the attraction.

Kissing is linked to emotions and will only feel right if there is real physical attraction.

Doesn't matter what your orientation. Straight guy kisses girl he doesn't fancy, not good. Gay guy kissing guy he doesn't fancy, not good.... Wait until it feels really natural and you really fancy the person, it should be amazing.

11. dont worry. your ex bf said you need to perfect your kissing abilities, harsh :|

chances are there isnt anything wrong with your kissing. everyone kisses differently. you cant 'practice' kissing really as what you might practice with one person might be different with another persons way of kissing. there is a general 'sameness' but really it is down to the two people involved and if there are feelings involved e.t.c that make it different.

hopefully that makes sense XD

12. StarlightFox5

thanks everyone. I just need to stop over thinking. I knew i'd be afraid for my first kiss with a girl just because of the fact that I was also afraid to kiss the guy too. Then again, i was afraid to come out to my family and they took it well, it's probably just my anxiety talking.