1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Think I Might be Pangender

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by channel48, Oct 14, 2012.

1. channel48

Okay I was wondering if there are any signs of being pangender, because I have the body of a girl, but I don't always feel like a girl. I don't know if Iwant the body of a guy either cause I don't feel like a guy. I don't really feel like anything. How do you not have a gender? I'm just really confused, and scared :tears:. I really hate my breast for the past few days I've been whishing I could flatten them. Please help :confused: :help:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really, I think that the "signs" are different for each person. I know for me, I sometimes feel like I am a guy, sometimes I feel like I am a girl and sometimes I feel like I am somewhere in between.

There are also other gender identities. Here is a link that gives a pretty good explanation on different gender identities. Feel free to PM me too! I've been there before.. it's not a fun place to be.

3. channel48

Thanks I'll look at the link. I read some and Androgyne sounds a bit more like me. I can't PM i'm only a regular memeber. Thanks. I'll look into it more.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can PM staff members! There are a ton of gender identities.. so it's all really confusing.

5. channel48

Yeah it is. The weird thing is that I haven't always felt like this. I started feeling like this at the start of 8th grade.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I started feeling like I do when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I never really accepted it until after I realized I was gay. I always tried to repress my gender identity.

7. channel48

I started realizing I was a lesbian in 6th grade. I don't want to repress it I want to know. Not knowing is killing me

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah.. I was just saying that I tried to repress it at first. I didn't realize that I was not straight until the end of 8th grade..

Not knowing is really bothered me too. I originally considered myself bi-gender, but then I found the term pangender and it fit me better. I would "try on" a label for a day and see if it fit how I felt.

9. channel48

I did kinda ignore it when it first started to happen. I think I'll "try on" androgyne for a little bit. It's also like a wheel. I need to know my gender before I know my sexuality. I know I like girls but I don't know if I'm a girl.

10. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gonna pipe in here, and say this: Gender is not binary, nor is it a spectrum of any sort. It's more like the stars in the sky: They're all separate, miles apart from each other, and although there is a way to get from one to the other, you'll never have enough fuel to get to point B, so you end up going back to A. There are some that are named, and probably many more that aren't.

The concept of gender seems very basic, and easy to understand at first, but it's honestly the most complex thing the human race has ever created.

11. channel48

I still don't know who I am. True your gender is one of the hardest things to figure out

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's a good point. I totally did not think to mention that. Thanks!!

Gender is really hard to figure out. Since you know that you like girls, you could always say something along the lines of "I like girls". That way you are not assigning a gender to your sexuality. (Like if you used the work lesbian it would imply that you are female.)

13. channel48

Thanks I think I need to look at more types of genders and find which one sounds like me then accept it. It's just confusing cause before I thought there was only female and male. I find out what I am it'll just take time :slight_smile: