1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling so lonely.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KiddlesP, Oct 14, 2012.

1. KiddlesP

I live in the Canadian prairies, and I haven't really met any LGTB people in real life. (I have randomly seen a few, but I have never gotten to know them in any way). I have never drank, and refuse to go to bars, and that will not change for me anytime soon. How to I get to know people who identify as LGBT, without going up to every person and ask if they belong to the group. :bang:

2. Pat

Pat

Online. You can snoop a little. This is a good site, a lot of people from Canada. You can also go to your school's website and see who runs the LGBT. If there isn't one at your school, look up someone else's school lol! Or the college. There are ways. Join groups on FB, etc etc. I mean, i use apps but that's filed with deplorable people for the most part lol. I'm also not a club, drinking or party type but you can always try an app just to see what you get also.

3. Luke Matt

I know how you feel. There's an LGBT group at my college/university; I just haven't built up the courage to go & drop by :grin:

Similarly, I know there's some gay people in my area (one who I wouldn't mind dating, actually :astonished:)..but again. The courage issue >_>'

4. Haley M

Haley M Guest

I know the feeling as well. Even though it's not entirely what you are looking for, you do have all of us! :slight_smile:

5. rg93

I know the feeling. I have also yet to see and speak to a real-life gay person. Although the idea kinda scares me. "Omg, people!?" But I think you should look around for LGBT groups in a nearby town or your school. Or if you live in an awful wasteland when it comes to LGBT scene, then you may have to settle for just online. And later meet a friend from the other end of the county, but that's a different story. :slight_smile:

Hang in there, we're bound to meet someone LGBT eventually :-s

6. Pat

Pat

You haven't! It's definitely cool. You know all these things you type up that you wouldn't DARE to say to someone else. Well, the more comfortable you get, these things poor out of you and someone listens and responds..and they do it LIVE lol. It's good to have someone to talk to. :slight_smile:

7. I bumped into an Alberta guy on Furaffinity (no judgement, please.) I have more in common with him than anybody I've ever met. I'm a little head-over-heels for him.

My point is, keep looking. If I can know hundreds of people in real life and find my ideal partner at complete random on a website totally unrelated to dating, you can to. Look for pride activities and events and drop by, you honestly never know who you'll meet when you put yourself out there.