1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jealous Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rainbowclan5, Oct 14, 2012.

1. rainbowclan5

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi all! I am new to this site and I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I am truly. madly, deeply in love with my girlfriend who I have been with for almost a year. The ONLY problem we ever have in our relationship is her constant jealousy. Before I met her, I had numerous relationships in my life (being that I am 40 now), mostly with men because it was the "right thing to do". If we go ANYWHERE, (including my child's soccer games) and someone speaks to me, she immediately gets an attitude. I have been completely honest with her and told her about my relationships in my past, including if we happen to run across one of them in public. However, the problem is, now if one of them speaks to me, waves at me, or even looks at me, she gets an attitude. I don't know what to do! I am to the point that I feel like I should just stay in the house all of the time so that we don't have to fight. Anyone have any advice? Please?

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

You may be "madly in love" with her, but she's still being kind of a female dog here. I can't speak for you, but I'd find someone else if I were in your position.

3. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm I'd talk to her about it. Hopefully she will grow to be more comfortable in your relationship as time goes on and you've been together longer... =/

4. I've been dating a jealous girl for 2 1/2 years. If it goes away, congratulations, but I don't know if you should count on it. In my previous relationship, I let my girlfriend influence who my friends were. In the current one, learning from that mistake, I've stood up to her and never let her jealousy stop me from having a female best friend. The people in your life aren't hers to choose, and she needs to accept that. All you can do is respect her wishes, but make the choice for yourself. Friends are never worth giving up.