1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i come out now

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by burg, Oct 14, 2012.

1. burg

ive been thinking of coming out in my home town but unsure what the result will be.im pretty social here got lots of good friends tho many are homophobes.my problem is not many people are out here pretty much none. no gay support or scene .i know it would be a big thing if i did come out.but don't know if it will go real bad or real good.the fear of it going real bad is holding me back.morally i think i should be honest that im gay .has anyone got any experience coming out in a town like mine.or should i run away back to melbourne oz.

2. justlauren64

my personal opinion is that you should come out. you seem like a strong person and you should just remember my best friends favorite thing to tell me about that kinda stuff: haters gonna hate! and unfortunately when thats the case theres nothing you can do about it but remember that people who dont accept you were never meant to be your close friends in the first place.

3. burg

thax justl. my biggest worry is that even if they don't hate on me me they may avoid me alot .its my close mates im worried about. my best mate has been given grief already about how much we hang out .lose him and id be gutted.he get pretty defencive when people joke bout us.he says he likes gay guys but doesn't like rumors or jokes that hes gay.