1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sister just broke into someone's house…

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Caudex, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Caudex

Caudex Guest

So, my sister just got caught breaking and entering someone's house and stole a bunch of their stuff. I'm feeling kind of scared being related to her…also, I'm getting questioned and accused by the neighbors, they're saying I must have stolen a bunch of their stuff because I came to their house to do my science projects with their kid a few times. What should I do? I know it may sound stupid but I feel really shaken by this whole thing.

2. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's an important thing to reflect on the fact that you and your sister aren't the same person. I think you should politely point this out to them and even if they still believe you've stolen from them, they have no official proof, right? Hold your self-dignity and defend your innocence.
    I'm sorry to hear about your sister though. Hopefully she won't do it again and the charges will be dropped.

3. Retrospect

Were any of their things actually stolen? Unless they can prove anything was stolen during the time frame in which you were there, they have no right to accuse you.

4. Caudex

Caudex Guest

@Restrospect Yes, some of their things were stolen. I think it was a phone and a bunch of fireworks.

5. kinison84

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if there's a way to prove your innocence but I think the fact that you weren't there should tell them it was just your sister. I think they were just shaken and stirred and are probably a bit angry. They also don't know the full story and there's a lot they don't know like why she did it in the first place and why them, that kind of thing.