1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at church

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JillandJill, Oct 14, 2012.

1. JillandJill

I am seriously considering coming out to my spiritual community (Don't worry, my reverand is openly gay) but thus far have only come out to my closest of friends. Also, there is a lesbian couple there that I used to be friends with that moved away and haven't seen me since I "discovered" myself but now I kind of want them to know.... any advice? Suggestions? Easy ways to break the news? THANKS

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

If you go to an accepting church (which I'm guessing since your reverend is openly gay) then its pretty much safe to assume that anyone you come out to will be supportive of what you need.

My suggestion would be to just do it. If you want to message your old friends and tell them about it then go for it. Maybe mention to them how having someone to tell helps you to deal with everything.

You can tell them how ever you want. From "I'm gay" to "I'm not straight".

If you have any specific questions about something then also go ahead and ask :slight_smile: