1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

safe, casual sex among women?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cookie123, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Cookie123

Hi! I came out over a year ago, but I still haven't slept with a woman- I think I was waiting to see if I could enter into a relationship before sleeping with someone, but the busy-ness of my life and liking being single have prevented that from happening, so I'm currently exploring casual sex. I just have some questions, though, and it feels awkward to try to ask anyone. First of all, what "kind" of sex do women usually have when they've only just met? I feel like oral sex might kind of be off the table until you know someone better, but what kinds of sex do women usually have casually? Also, what are some realistic ways to stay safe when having casual sex? I know that gloves, dental dams, etc. exist to stay safe, but realistically how often do people actually use these? Thanks, any info would be really appreciated.

2. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That depends on the person. Some peopel only make out and some others have no limits. You are going to have to communicate with whoever you plan to have sex with how far you are comfortable with going.

While women have a lower chance of getting an STI its still important to play safe. ESPECIALLY if you are planning on having casual sex when you don't know the person too well, you don't know their sexual history and you don't know what infections they may have.

There is a very good article on EC that explains everything much more in detail. If you still have any questions let us know!