1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nervous about sexual encounters with women

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Cookie123, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Cookie123

Hi! I came out over a year ago, but I still haven't slept with a woman- I think I was waiting to see if I could enter into a relationship before sleeping with someone, but the busy-ness of my life and liking being single have prevented that from happening, so I'm currently exploring casual sex. I just have some questions, though, and it feels awkward to try to ask anyone. First of all, what "kind" of sex do women usually have when they've only just met? I feel like oral sex might kind of be off the table until you know someone better, but what kinds of sex do women usually have casually? Also, what are some realistic ways to stay safe when having casual sex? I know that gloves, dental dams, etc. exist to stay safe, but realistically how often do people actually use these? Thanks, any info would be really appreciated.

2. JillandJill

I have no answers for you but I too am curious about the answers to all these questions! I haven't been intimate with a woman yet...

3. Tiny Catastrophe

Alrighty well I'll do my best with this one. Women can do a lot of things with each other. Toys, oral, things with hands (I'm trying not to get too graphic here). And as for casual sex it honestly depends on the girl about how far they're willing to go and what they're comfortable with. I've been with my girlfriend for over a year and there's a lot of things I'm not comfortable with that she has done before and likes to do but I just am not comfortable with it. And as for being safe, yes dental dams and gloves are good (not that I've ever used them but personally I'm not a fan of giving oral so I'm pretty safe with that :x ). I also have a rule that I stick to even if I'm in a relationship with someone and that is, under no circumstances will I share toys with a girl. I don't care if I've been with this person for a year or more, I do not share toys which is a good rule to have. And I really don't know any women that have used dental dams or anything like that. I hope this was semi helpful.