1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soulmates

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by John Smith, Feb 4, 2008.

1. John Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've registered (but haven't subscribed) to a soulmate website from a prominent British newspaper. I've had a bit of interest and have found a couple of interesting chaps but am still a bit wary. Has anyone else had experience of these sort of websites? And are they good for meeting up with people or is it better to find someone closer and tangible?

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha I have experience: WEBSITE REMOVED
    And guess what, I'm soon to meet up with Regina, whom I met there. :grin: So yeah, I think it's perfectly possible, I didn't believe so until Regina happened, but since that's the case, it must be.

#2 GlindaRose, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2008
  3. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Relationships like this do work out sometimes but if you are looking for your soulmate, it probably isn't going to happen. They show up out of no where when you least expect it. :slight_smile:

4. kevinx519

yeah. i agree, becky. i think youll find your soulmate in real life, not over the internet. life just works out in one of those crazy ways. hope it happens for me, though.

5. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I want to find my soulmate.. :frowning2: .. but i dotn think i DO have one :frowning2:

6. Ty

Ty Guest

Everyone has someone.

7. EthanS

EthanS Guest

But you dotn really know that though...

8. Astaroth

I believe that everyone has a soulmate in this world. However, I also believe that most people never actually meet their soulmate. There are people who go through life miserable and die that way. Did they meet their soulmate? Probably not. However, I suspect that if, indeed, we are reborn time and again into this world in different lifetimes, that at least one of them has the possibility of meeting your soulmate. Conversely, some people seem bound to their soulmates from lifetime to lifetime, almost like two dancers in a ballet. It's probably those people who are most in tune with themselves and have bypassed a lot of the lessons that everyone has to learn, giving them multiple chances to exist with their soulmate.

There's a lot of interesting theory about this subject. My best friend is a girl, but she considers me her soulmate. She knows I'm gay, but it doesn't change the fact that there is some ethereal connection between us. Perhaps in another life, we were lovers? Maybe we're never meant to be anything more than friends? That's one of the tricky concepts of soulmates. Do they have to be lovers? I don't think so. Soulmates can be the best of friends, perhaps.

Well, that's as existential as I'm willing to get. :lol: For now...

9. panda

One thing I've learned about finding a soul mate is that you can't really search for one.However, If you carry on in your life doing things that you like and are good at, that are creative and fun .You'll probably find someone doing the same ,is on the same path and you hook up and that is your soul mate.

10. Suede7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    John,

I say this to you.........check it out, try it.....but......try not to have expectations. You see, unfortunately some folks believe because they can't be seen ( no web cam etc. ) this gives them a license to play dishonestly. It will show up in many diffrerent ways so it's best if you arm yourself with an open mind and a really good sense of humor.
    Tried the web meeting and dating scene for a while it had it's share of triumphs and challenges. I look back and laugh at it all cause it's just life on a whole other level. I mean you might actually meet some really great guys. Then again you might walk away from an "aqaintance" just laughing like "was he serious" "he did not just say that" OMG!
    Regarding soulmates, becky's "right - on" they are gifts, so special by virtue of the fact you can't seek them out. They will and do just appear when you least expect it! Hence the mysterious title they've earned of "soul - mate".

John, once again have fun with this but I caution you also to keep your wits about you and your guard up. I discourage you from meeting a guy you might have doubts about in a private setting. Meet these guys in a public venue perhaps with a couple of friends at your side. Coffee houses are also great places for this.

Good Luck! Let us know how you do! :icon_wink

Stay Strong & Press On!

Suede7
    Delray Beach, FL.

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Interesting thoughts. Soulmates can indeed be a variety of people including children, parents, and friends. However, I do believe there are people (loves) we go from lifetime to lifetime with and when we meet these people we are totally blown away. We look into their eyes and can see their souls. You have such a connection that you sometimes know what the other is thinking. You feel emotions at the same time and sometimes even suffer ailments or illnesses at the same time. Sometimes this person has to be with someone else because they have lessons to teach eachother. Sometimes you have to remain apart in order to get the work accomplished that you wanted to come here and get done. I had a past life regression once and the hypnotist told me that if we find this special person, sometimes we have to remain apart otherwise we would be mesmerized with eachother and would never get the work done that we were supposed to do. I believe my husband is a soulmate because I actually dreamed I would marry him before we were dating. However, later in life I met somebody else that I have mentioned on here before that I have always believed to be a soulmate. He chose to end our 3 year friendship and we have been separated for 9 1/2 years. He couldn't even face me to tell me he was ending it.

I have learned many things from this relationship and the loss of it and if not for it, I wouldn't probably be doing the work that I do today. My psycholigist actually game me a psychiatric term for this but to me its much, much more. It's a deep spiritual connection with someone that is always with you. So I hope for all your sakes, you are meant to be with your soulmate because its very painful being without them once you have met them. :tears:

12. Samii

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I will have Shido type this for me so it is making more sense~

Samii's two cents: "Do you know kaiawase? It's the origin of karuta cards. A game where you write the first part of a song on one side of a shell and the second part of the song on the other. For a double-sided shell, there is only one pair of shells that matches. Only one pair in the world, but their definitely is a pair. I think humans can be treated the same. There has to be someone in the world waiting for you, too. You and only you. Just one person. For sure. There isn't a single person who has to be alone. You can try your best, slowly and surely, as best you can do. Until you meet your one and only person."

Shido's side note: Karuta is a Japanese card game where you take multiple cards and write poem lines on the cards and the players must match two cards to each other. Karuta is based on the ancient shell game called Kaiawase. Kaiawase is a game where there are 360 shells that are painstakingly painted inside them representing ancient songs or poems. Only one top and one bottom match each other perfectly. It can be difficult to discern the matches and one must have intimate understanding of the poems and songs.

13. tayana

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've used these sorts of sites. I met some nice people, but not a soulmate.

However, there is a lady I call my "soulmate" because we know and understand one another so well. She lives 700 miles away, but we've talked about how we'd love to spend the rest of our lives together. I did meet her online, but not in a dating forum.

14. Jim1454

My bf and I met online. My thinking is this: If I'm here, and I'm online, then there could VERY WELL be someone else like me also online. So I wouldn't hesitate to follow up on this approach. However, long distance relationships that are strictly online I don't think will often lead to anything - but there's always an exception.

15. John Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a bit rubbish as you have to pay money and as I'm a committed cheapskate I'm not going to subscribe to it at all. A bit of harmless fun but everyone on there seems to be from Camden and Tower Hamlets which is a bit far from me, and they're all left wing!

16. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One advantage of a pay site is that other members must be fairly serious if they are prepared to pay the money for the service. With a free site anyone could sign up even if they are not serious at all.

If it's a bit rubbish though it doesn't sound like it's worth paying for. Payment probably only allows you to make contact anyway, so you can still see who and where members are.

17. Jim1454

So many websites ARE! I'm also a committed cheapskate - when it comes to some things - and have (almost) always resisted paying for access to sites.

18. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I saw a story on the news a couple days ago that used your DNA to find you a suitable match. It has something to do with the chemistry between two people. It costs something like $1100. The news person did the sample and then they told her that they found no suitable match for her. What a rip off!

19. John Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Urgh - DNA swabs! Where's the romance in that?