1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercings

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MichaelB, Oct 16, 2012.

1. MichaelB

Well, I wanted opinions and advice on piercings :grin:

I already have had 9 piercings, all in my ears/lips (taken lips out though, regret them a little bit). None of them were overly painful, not even the ones where tradition says they should've hurt like a bitch (scaffolding (although Americans apparently call it industrial? o_o, and yes, brackets within brackets :v) and anti-tragus). But now I'm considering body piercings, notably both my nipples and possibly a prince albert piercing.

Firstly, what are your opinions on those piercings? Or piercings in general? Like/dislike them? Would they be a deal breaking factor for you? Would you refuse to date a guy if he had nipple piercings or a prince albert piercing? (90% sure I'm gunna get my nipples done, while only curious about a prince albert piercing...)

Secondly, anyone here with first hand experience of nipple piercings? I mentioned the first bit to infer that I'm used to piercings, and none of them really hurt. I have a high pain threshold, but something about getting your nipples pierced makes me flinch. Does it hurt as much as I imagine it will? :lol:

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think nipple piercings are very hot on a guy, I definitely say go for it. The prince Albert can also be pretty sexy. The only thing I'd be worried about is how it works with sex and a condom. I assume you take it out for that? Personally I could never get my cock pierced, I'd imagine that would hurt too much, lol. But it does look good to me.

3. Jim1454

Um... you're worried about your nipples?!? I had to look up what a 'prince albert piercing' was - and I'd personally be more worried about that one!

I think nipple piercings are hot, personally. But I wouldn't have them done myself. I'm a bit of a wimp. Ear piercings are OK too. But anywhere around the mouth or genitals - in my opinion - is kinda gross. That's just me.

4. livewithoutlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have had 22 piercings in my life, 14 at the moment. I have an Industrial (yes, americans call them that) but it wasnt bad.
    I love piercings, i find them hot.
    Nipple & Prince Albert: I work in a tattoo shop, that does piercing. EVERYONE who has had their nipples piercied has said it was the worst pain. some woman have even said it was worse than child birth. We have only ever had a few P.A's come in and follow through with getting them, they say they hurt like any other piercing really.
    Hope this helps :slight_smile:

5. Lad123

I don't like piercings apart from the ears x_x

It depends how many and how serious the piercings the guy has if they were to be a deal-breaker for me. The nipple piercings I could probably deal with (I'd rather they didn't have them) but the prince albert one is too much for me to handle.

6. jaysuss

I think small eye studs or hip studs are just darling on guys. The sparkle adds a bit of mystery for me and i find it quite attractive.

7. Gen

Gen

My god, I have seen those types of piercings before, but didnt know they were called Prince Albert. Damn google images frightened me :C.

Anywho, personally I would prefer neither of those in a partner. My preference with piercing is pretty mute, though I am fine with ears. I would just go with the nipple piercings if you want them. I do feel, like Lance, that the 'Albert' may be a bit bothersome at times.

8. Onyxknight

I agree with livewithoutlove, piercings are friggin' hott! I personally wouldn't get face piercings, except maybe snake bites or a labret. I've been with a girl who had her nipples pierced and I really liked it. I'd be wary of having mine done, though, 'cause of the pain. Plus I've heard people say that you can lose sensation there, and I like my nipples to get attention. :frowning2: Genital piercing I wouldn't do for the same two reasons. I wouldn't say no to a girl who had hers done, though. I think it'd be sexy.

9. MichaelB

haha, I know, kinda weird right? I think I just have some sort of innate fear of nipples. I think I'd rather get a prince albert piercing than my nipples done if I was basing it purely on pain... >.>, no idea why.

.... :frowning2:. Worse than childbirth? Well atleast it only lasts like a few minutes right? :grin:

Surprised at the amount who said they liked them, most people I asked said they hated the idea xD.

10. spirithawk

spirithawk Guest

I've had firsthand experience with people who had gotten nipple piercings, does that count? :slight_smile:

When you get them, they hurt. Even more so for women, or men with sensitive nipples. A former girlfriend was very much into pain, and it was too much for her. They remain tender areas for a long time as they are healing, which takes months. And you now have a object that can get caught on things, located in a high traffic area. A wild purse/bookbag strap, a puppy's flailing paw, a gropey hand...

And of course, the moment you get them, and close friends and partners learn about it, guess where the attention now focuses for a little while. :wink:

None of my friends had any regrets for the nipple piercing, but it's not as simple a road to healing as say, a facial piercing.

11. PurpleCrab

Love piercings!! I'm for the most tattoos and piercings on people. If you're into body art too (obviously you are) you shouldn't even consider dating somebody who doesn't like them. Just be you (and be with people who love the real you!!).

Nipples piercings are Hot. They don't always hurt as bad as described above either. I know a girl who got both her nipples pierced in rows of 3 and who didn't hurt a bit. I've had one pierced and it didn't hurt either. I've had a genital piercing too and it wasn't that bad.

The only thing that gets in the way a little bit is for fighting, you can easily imagine how a pierced nipple or lip can make you loose a fight. Outch. But if you're not much of a fighter then it's not a good reason not to be pierced!

12. aeva

For myself, I'm much more into tattoos than piercings. It's 4 vs 2 right now, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

I considered getting my nipples done for a while, after being with 2 girls that had theirs done (and seeing their reactions when they got played with). I could never go through with it though.

Prince Alberts scare the bejeezus out of me. Ouch!!

13. livewithoutlove

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    haha well.. the piercing only lasts a few mins, the healing is another story xD

14. King

King Guest

Both of my brothers have both of their nipples pierced... They both said it didn't hurt that bad. My one brother's ex girlfriend apparently vomited when he got his nipples done, but he was alright. He recently had to take one out because it wasn't healing, though.. and he's had them for a couple years now.

As for if I like those piercings, I'm neutral to nipple piercings. They can look good and they can look bad, but ultimately they're fine. Unless it's only one nipple piercing. I don't like that at all, it looks super tacky.
    A PA piercing... hell no. I couldn't handle... dealing with one of those on another guy. I don't think it's attractive or sexy or appealing in the slightest.

But if it's what you want, then go for it!

15. timo

I'd be a hypocrite if piercings were a dealbreaker cause I have my lobes strechted to 7mm. The other day I took out one of them to see what it would be like to have only one, but it felt so naked missing one tunnel.

Okay back to the OP.
    Nipple piercings are pretty cool. I'm not sure about a prince albert though. I think I'd be okay with it but initially I would be a bit shocked. There are piercings that shock me a lot more (no h8, but apadravya's honestly scare me)

16. FishMan27

Besides being kind of grossed out about piercings beyond ears, I have another reason for disliking nipple piercings. As a lifeguard, I've been trained in the use of an AED. If someone has nipple piercings, they have to be removed before you can save that person. If they can't be removed quickly, you have to rip them out. That just makes me cringe. NIPPLE MUTILATION! Ew. haha

17. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

Ouch, considering that I am not a good swimmer, I will never get my nipples pierced.

18. MichaelB

o_o...

wat. They RIP them out?! >_>

Still think I'm gunna get them and pray I don't ever drown. T'is not like drowning is on my life agenda or anything... xD

19. spirithawk

spirithawk Guest

A lot of organizations that train CPR/AED use say that. Torn nipple > death, apparently.

I never got a real answer when I asked what I'd do in a case like this:

[​IMG]

I think the instructor was kind of a prude.

20. madanesor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nipple peircings creep me out, sorry to anyone who has one..