1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game's Up I Feel

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ConfusedRider, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ConfusedRider

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I've got to that point where I feel I just can't be arsed anymore...

To begin with, I've had these deep feelings for one of my friends, it seemed he felt the same. But now I feel that recently the friendship has become a one way thing, and I feel responsible. I haven't been able to gain the courage to tell him how I feel, and though I almost did once, I feel that chance has been and gone :icon_sad:

On top of this, I've just lost my job....I now wake up every morning wondering what to do with myself. No routine, no organisation. Nothing!

I feel I've let my family down, my friends down, I live alone, feel lonely, and to be honest I can't be bothered anymore. I'm crying myself to sleep at night, and everyone's response to getting advice about the situation I'm in has been answered with I'm not sures and I don't knows :icon_sad:

Suffice it to say, I don't want to be this way and I'd rather I was dead or missing. I'm fed up with my life and want anything to get away from this shitty mess I'm in. What I'll do.....I'm not sure tbh. Soz to have bored ya, thanks for reading tho.

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

You didn't put how old you areā€¦that could be helpful.

3. burg

sorry to see your at a low point at the moment bo.I've been in the same situation a few times but life moves like waves.hope you hang in there till things pick up again. don't think your alone. i do understand how you feel many people on here will.ill send you a massive hug across the seas just.sorry i cant do it in person.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! (*hug*)

Friendships are a two way street, and even though sometimes it can feel as if they are tilting a bit, and if they are healthy friendships, they will go back to the ground where it feel that it is a two way street again. Why do you feel responsible for your friendship becoming one sided? Did you something happen that made you feel it has become one sided beyond not having been open about your feelings?

Sorry to hear you have lost your job. Here are a few suggestions you could try doing, which could, and most likely will, help you to get back on track and feel like that you are still having a routine and some organization during your day and week.

Volunteering. Depending on what kind of a job you are looking for, and where, I'd suggest start volunteering with an organization or your community centre in your town/city. Volunteering is a great way to keep you busy and organized, but it also gives you a sense of purpose, thus increasing your self-worth and self-esteem. You might even pick up a couple of new skills, and perhaps some experience that you can talk about during a job interview - potentially making you a stronger candidate.

Volunteering also gets you to be among people, which can really boost your morale and how you feel overall. Give it a thought. It might be something you could do, while you are looking for another job.

Look for a job actively. When you look for job postings online, or go to places to talk to people (or potential employers) treat it like a job. Get up in the morning as you usually would, get ready, and sit down and start looking for jobs. Start browsing through the online job postings, and go down to your unemployed/employment centre and have a look on the boards there as well. Try to make it a regular habit. If you have started doing that, keep doing that. If you feel that there is something you can change in that routine, try doing that, and see if it helps you to feel more motivated.

Spend time with friends. Try to spend some time with friends. Call them up and have your regular get together. It can really help in how you see your time in-between jobs. Try to get out of the house. Walk, or try to join an activity or group in your community that meets regularly. Not only will you have something to look forward to, but you will also give yourself the chance to get to know new people; make new friends.

Hobby. Do you have a hobby? Pursue that hobby for at least an hour a day, so that you also make sure you have some time set aside just for yourself. If you don't create a hobby. Do something that you like doing. It doesn't matter what it is. Even if it consists of walking through a park for an hour. Do it!

Why do you feel that you are letting your family down? Try not to go down the path of feeling depressed, and that you can't be bothered anymore. Try to do things that will help you to get up every morning. With a plan, or at least a bit of an idea as to what you are going to be doing during the day, it will help you have something to look forward to.

While it might take a bit of time to get out (to use your words) 'shitty mess', you do have it within your powers and control to get out of it. And you will get out of it. (*hug*)

#4 Mirko, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  5. ConfusedRider

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for the replies....I feel that my feelings toward my friend have caused our friendship to become one sided because where I like him, I'd been subtly dropping hints that that's the case. He's not one for touchy feely subjects he says, nd I wonder if he's worked out whats happening and is distancing himself. He doesn't seem to wanna hang out so much nd when I text or message him he doesn't reply. When we do hang out, he seems shy around me, and it makes me feel like he almost hates me :frowning2:

I've been looking hard for a job but there's not much around at the mo, got some casual stuff going but not enough to pay bills etc. I've been trying to spend time doing my fave hobby, but the recent weather doesn't help and it often means being around this friend I like. When he's not out with us, my other mates ask where he is nd why he's not out, which makes me think about the days we spent together in the summer. I do feel it takes my mind off things tho...

And I feel I've let the family and friends down because of the way things are right now.....I can't be open with any of them about my feelings because I'm not out to most of them, especially my family, and don't know how ppl would react. That and the fact I lost my job makes me feel like I've let them down because they've always said they're very proud of me etc etc and I'm supposed to be going away with them soon and the lack of income means things will be tricky :frowning2: I don't know what to do. I had some thoughts on ending it all, but know from experience what mess it leaves and don't like the thought of putting family and "friends" through that....

6. tgio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey man. maybe you feel the advice is shit. I am were you are death was an option tried twice fuck it up.an if we don't carry on who will.hang in there, if you want to talk I will listen we can help one another