1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend pushing me away ;l

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Skylinz, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Skylinz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Heyy, I'm new to his forum and ive been reading a couple of posts so I might as well do the same.

I'm not a social person with very few friends but this one friend is online and we've known eachother for years now but it seems to come to a point that he doesnt like me anymore. He has a girlfriend for a little over a year now and im happy that hes got a love but I'm starting to feel pushed away, ignored and not important anymore starting early this year actually... I've tried multiple times explaining to him or saying "if you like me" and stuff he'll be positive and say yes to me but at the same time he will say that i'm rude or annoying and how I ask the same stuff over and over again.

Although he's truely me only friend ive really had... what should I do? ;l

2. SleepingAnyways

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you come out to him yet?

Usually friendships over internet doesn't last forever and are hard to maintain. I have had severals and a month ago a guy randomly added me on Facebook and we started talking three days ago, we've had a convo going on continuosly. He has a bf, though. It feels good to have someone to talk to like that, but I know there will be a day where we'll stop conversing.

We all change as we grow up, little at a time. People change at different rates, they get new interests or grow tired of old ones. It is impossible to laugh of at the same joke after you have heard it sevent times. You see, he might just have gotten tired of you. People like surprises. I don't know if you are familiar with Pokémon, but each pokémon evolve and as they evolve they might change personality while their looks give small hints at the previous stage.

If you still have not gotten what I want to say, then hmm.. I guess he just grow away from you.

3. theMaverick

I can, again, relate to you. I've grown apart from my high school friends, and the one year I attended campus, I made some friends, but then I took online classes, and I've grown apart from those friends as well. I had friends at work, but then I got laid off and moved to a different (better) state, which was always the plan, but now I'm slowly losing touch with those friends. I don't know anyone here, but I just went to a Toastmasters meeting for the first time, which is a public speaking club, and they are really helpful in building you up apparently. I'm looking forward to seeing what I get out of it. Maybe if you could do that and just meet some people, even if they didn't know your backstory, you could at least be getting out there into a group of people and making some connections.