1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accepting yourself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by kelsey, Oct 17, 2012.

1. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ive been so confused lately, on everything from religion to sexuality. ive dated boys and girls, i am currently with a great guy hes everything a girl would want in a relationship but honestly i feel nothing there. there isnt one emotional attachment. i care of course but it just doesnt feel right. it feels like a lie to myself and to him. ive dated girls before but its never really worked out for whatever reasons. i like girls. i dont know why im having a hard time accepting this but it feels like im not in my right skin just wearing something nice if that makes sense. im not happy with how i feel emotionally, not depressed but just empty, vaccant. i wish i was able to be happy witht his guy but it just doesnt feel right. im just so confused on what to do. i think im so reluctant to accept to myself that i like girls because its always been a dissapointment for me. ive always got the raw end of the deal and screwed over, with guys it really doesnt happen. i cant really talk to my friends either, their not supportive of gay and lesbians, at least not with one of their friends, my familys the same way. how is someone suppose to figure themsevles out with these kinds of things around?

2. 123Newbie

123Newbie Guest

All things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day, neither are your troubles going away in a day. I used to feel emptiness within, but it'll went away after a while. My advice would be: Take your time, relax, don't rush things. When you feel better, only should you start thinking and making decisions.

Btw, it's my first time posting so yeah. I probably didn't really helped you, because I'm just not that good in socializing. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is my first post! haha, i just though this would be a great place to just open up and start coming to terms with my feelings and thoughts, get feed back. anything helps though its good to see someones reading!

4. 123Newbie

123Newbie Guest

Honestly though, I wasn't really clear as to what you're trying to say. If I didn't really answer your question, sorry lol. I don't have a good command of the English language. :grin:

5. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Kels im pretty much in the same boat... this is alsoooo my first posttt! I fid a blog thng but that confused me haha.. i guess if ud like my advice i would have to say if it doesnt feel right with ur dude then you shouldnt stay with him.. the longer u wait the more difficult thngs will get.. plus u should b happy not stressin yah know? Do what makes you happy and if people cant accept that then u need some new friends. Idk if that helped haha but i tried

6. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you know its hard then! hes a great guy and ive met his family and all that, i think the relationship does have to end but hes become a bestfriend too and loves me. i dont want to hurt anyone thats the last thing i want to do. i hate having inner conflict with myself. i think that if i just go with the flow of things everything will work out as it should in the end but im starting to doubt that. i need to make a move on things in any direction other then where im at now. i think im going to try to talk to some of my more understand friends maybe sorta come out or atleast tell them how i feel, maybe itll clear some confusion up. ive posted several blogs just venting about all this and what not lol feel free to look!

7. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh yes mam its redonkulous! I hate havin inner conflict too which is y im awake at 5am lol i thnk uve got it figured out girl just go with it! And i will most certainly check out ur blogs! Rlly wish there was an app for this site lol

8. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hahah i do too!

9. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol i use my phone for everrrythng and its extremely difficult on here! Did i help u at all btw?

---------- Post added 17th Oct 2012 at 01:36 AM ----------

It wont let me look at ur blogs :frowning2:

10. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ill look maybe i have it set to private or something but i looked at yours and i totally feel the same way i have hardly any experiece with girls, everything i ever started with one ended so fast ya know? it helps just knowing someones in the same boat as me. it really does.

11. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Otay!
    Well i had one serious gf but that was like 2 yrs ago... and i was soooo in love with her..she ended up hurting me bad and i dated another grl after that but she wasnt for me and that was over a yr ago and i went back to dudes cuz it was easier and i did fall for one but he completely just tore my heart out but that was 8 months ago and im over it but now i just dnt want a guy near me... and i jno im not bitter from my x cuz ive been thru alot worse... idk im just confused is to y now?

12. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i know how you feel, i have been through it all with guys and girls. ive just never been open about being with girls and i think it was a problem for the girls i was with, i was open about being with one girl, she was the first girl i ever dated and it was a mess, shes a mess. im not really experienced either and i think its a factor too. i dont want hook ups i want the real deal with someone that it feels right with

13. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hook ups suck i mean im not like a slut or anythng but i have had a few one night stands... it doesnt feel good. I would truely love the real thng but i would never admit that to my friends lol u need to just be with someone whose ok with u learning... someone just tld me on here and she made a good point that bein with someone when u have little experience is a good thng because they can teach u what they like u kno? It made me feel better

14. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that does make sense!

15. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sooo we just need to quit worryin and accept it i do believe haha

16. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i think so too haha. we sound so similar!!

17. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Lol i knoooo!!!! I love it!

18. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha me too!!

19. CoExist91

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Haha wellll hun ive got to try and get some kinda sleep so i dnt die at work but ill shoot u a message or somethn later on and see how ur dooin!

20. kelsey

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    okay night!