1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Girls Night" Cue panic attack. (Transgender issue)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MusicIsLife, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MusicIsLife

Hey again,

I almost feel like I'm spamming the Support forum lately, haha.

To make a long story short, my best friend since we were infants is moving away to Germany in 2 weeks. Her mom has been trying to organize a going away party and I was told by my mom this evening that it will be a girls only thing, to the point where my younger brothers are not allowed to go, and will have to see my best friend (both of whom are also very close to her) later in the week.

My mom knows im trans but she rarely mentions it. I know shes still in denial about it, however, I'm at the point now where my depression and anxiety is so bad that even leaving the house sends me into a panic, and a "girls night" is making it so much worse. I can't not go, because this is my best friend, and one of the only people who accepted me without question, uses my chosen name all the time and calls me "he"

I don't even know what I'm trying to accomplish by posting this, i'm just really upset again.

Also, came out to my sort of girlfriend and she seems pretty okay with it.

2. jvn95

Well, Consider yourself a guy and go to the "girls night out", just... You will be the only guy.

And if she calls you by your real name and pronoun, I assume she will do that at the "girls night out"?

Chin up, Try to calm down, and talk to your friend about how you feel. And maybe she will have it changed to it being called a "going away party" instead?