1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ClassicRock, Oct 17, 2012.

1. ClassicRock

Ever see The Town? That's my town. Charlestown.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well, you'd think my parent would just get the picture. I mean their daughter has been dressing like a boy for the last six years. She's never been on a date and turns down the match making they do for her. I even play on the mens sports teams. For gods sake I have a 'dumbledor is gay' sticker on the bumper of my car.
    But no matter how hard I try to passively yell IM A CROSS DRESSING LESBIAN, they just seem to understand.
    I've been thinking about just sitting them down, look them straight in the eye, and just saying 'mother, father, I'm gay.' but I'm scared of how they'll react. I have this horrible vision of my mum crying and my pa saying get the fuck out of my house. My parents saved my life. They got me off the streets, off heroin and LSD and into a mental hospital. I'm so gratefull but I fear they'll take this as a giant fuck you.
    But keeping my whole life a secret ismhonestly killing me.
    :help:

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

Please help me. Any advice at all. Or validation if someone is in the same kind of same situation.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Definately tell them! They probably already know, since you've given lotsa obvious clues. They might be setting you up just to see if you'll finally tell them "I like girls!" lol

My parents said they had a feeling about me... and they would hint alot! I don't even crossdress (well excluding Anime Expo lol) and am neither a tom boy or girly girl. I maintain a somewhat girly appearance though, and I thought they wouldn't be able to tell, but I guess just my silence on the opposite sex cued their suspicions.

Honesty is the best policy. Besides, if they were there for you through all those other issues, I'm sure they'll be just as supportive with the fact your a lesbian. :grin:

Go for it! :thumbsup:

3. ClassicRock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yah? But I'm just so s a red to disappoint them. At one point my uncle came out and they told him that it was just a phase.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Haley M

Haley M Guest

Try not to worry too much about it. I also think you should tell them, however, you need to make sure you are ready to do so first!

5. ClassicRock

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh... Yah... There's that too I guess...
    Thank you

---------- Post added 18th Oct 2012 at 10:36 AM ----------

Practiced coming out to my dogs. One sneezed and the other started chewing on nose. All in all it felt very successful. At least they don't think of me any different. They are so supportive. But I'm not kidding