1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should i do

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by burg, Oct 18, 2012.

1. burg

a month ago i was on getting on it with some friends.when one told me out of the blue he was like a girl.he really isn't in my mind hes pretty straight acting.we get on real well when we see each other but hes more of my mates mate.im not out to him either.i think i said the wrong thing by saying your not like a girl.i did hit him up right after that and asked him what he meant.but he had gone shy and looked a bit stressed.im not into him at all but do really like the guy.im pretty sure it was his way of saying hes gay.i don't know if i could or should ask him directly if he is. i feel i let him down aye but i don't know what to do about it.ideas welcome.

2. Jim1454

I think the best thing to do is to reach out to him and let him know that you're open to talk about whatever he'd like to talk about. Let him know that you've been thinking about how you reacted and what you said, and that it might not have been very supportive or encouraging, and it might have kind of shut him down. Tell him what you've told us - that you think he's a nice guy and if he wanted to talk about anything, he was welcome to get back to you.

You could also let him know about this site. Explain that you weren't sure what he was getting at - but if he was questioning his orientation or his gender identity, then he could check out this very supportive and encouraging web forum called EmptyClosets. He doesn't need to know why you know about it... you could tell him that a "friend" had told you about it...

3. burg