1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So sad right now :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by doglover15, Oct 18, 2012.

1. doglover15

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok i just talked to my youth minister, and i told him i was a lesbian. He took it really well, and seemed fine with it, but he said it was so wrong. I feel terrible and i started crying in front of him when he told me that sexualy loving my girlfriend would cut off my relationship with God :'( I grew up Catholic and I love God so much. The thought of hurting Him kills me, so i clearly need to choose God. I just want to love God with my entire heart, AND love my girlfriend. My minister said "You can't fully love God if you are living in constant sin". I am so torn and lost and confused :frowning2: He said the only way for me to serve God is to do what is right and just, and follow the Catholic teachings (which is that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, there is only something wrong with sinning becuase of acting on it). That means i need to break up with my girlfreind tonight after almost nine months! :frowning2: Help!!!! :frowning2:

2. King

King Guest

The best advice anybody can give you is that God will love you no matter what. God is non-judgemental and He created you as you are for a reason - and if it's in His plan for you to have a girlfriend, then go for it! It is possible for you to love both God and your girlfriend.
    You're doing no wrong. God has a plan for you, and if being a lesbian is in it, then so be it. God will not judge you even if your youth minister does. Hang in there. :slight_smile:

3. Emberblaze

Hey, i've fought this battle with myself for about a whole year now, and lemme ask this: do YOU believe that you don't truly love God (sorry about the confusing word usage)?

Only YOU know to the full extent of which you love God, so don't let anyone tell you that you CAN'T love God to the full extent. And dont ever let anyone tell you God loves you any less either.

You're blessed, aren't you? Would God bless you if he didn't love you? You have your own relationship with God, and I implore you to open your heart and listen to what God tells you, and ask yourself if you TRULY believe he loves you any less.

As i said, I fought this battle SO many times with myself and looked to so many others for answers, but they aren't gonna give you the answer, and I can't either. GOD, will give you the answer, and for a quick second, let's break down a few things and see an outline of who God is:
    -Father
    -Loving
    -Merciful
    -Forgiving

I shouldn't tell you this because you oughta find the answer yhourself, but don't break up with your girlfriend because I'm gonna prove to you that God loves you REGARDLESS of your orientation. He loves ALL of us, gay, straight, black, white, Italian, cats, dogs-- ANYTHING with a soul and that seeks out his love.

Hey, if God didn't care for you, then why am I here having this conversation with you? It ain't coincidence, it's his love and presence.

4. IAmAwkward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Woah. Take a deep breath, and step back. First off, NO ONE has the right to tell ANYONE, weather they be gay, lesbian, bi, pan, asexual, whatever, that they are going to Hell. No one but God has the right to decide that. Second, there is no iron-clad bible verse that bans homosexuality. That is just how some people see it. Third, there actually a lot of Catholics that are perfectly ok with LGBT people. (My self and my family included. :slight_smile: You are totally fine how are are. (I like to look at this way. Studies have proved that being gay is pretty much something you are born with. Therefore, God made you gay, and God loves you just how he made you. Therefore, God love you, even gay.) Fourth, you have the right to disagree with whatever the Church teaches, if you have prayed to God and thought about it a lot. Follow what your heart says. :slight_smile: Hope that helps!