1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervous About Coming Out. O.o

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IAmAwkward, Oct 18, 2012.

1. IAmAwkward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, I have written this nice little note to my parents, telling them everything about myself, and also assuring them that it is no way there fault I am trans. (They would probably assume it was had I not told them. They would think, 'If only we made her wear dresses, or play with dolls more, or not let her mutilate her Barbies with our next-door neighbor when she was seven, blah, blah, blah.) And I plan to give them it today, probably tonight. And I am nervous as hell. They have always been ok with mine and my sister's LGB friends, but I am not totally sure they have even met a transsexual before. Needless to say, I am so scared I could throw up, or faint, or die. I just want them to be ok with me, you know? Like, they don't have to do anything about it, or even use male pronouns or call me 'Alex'. You know, just not hate me. I can't stop being really scared/nervous. :bang:

2. FollowtheFreeman

Being scared and nervous is completely normal. You are who you are and if you want to tell them then go for it. From what I understand your parents seem fine and open with the LGBT community. When you tell them it may take some time and explaining for them to fully understand, again this is also normal. But when you do tell them, give your parents time afterwards to accept you for who you are. It may be difficult for them to cope with the change, but they will in due time.

If you're ready to tell them then go for it. And no matter what they will always love you for who you are :slight_smile:

3. Farouche

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Good luck. (*hug*)

4. Ruthven

Hope everything goes well. :slight_smile: