1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experimenting?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Willow, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Willow

Like the title says, I've been thinking about maybe experimenting with other girls in my high school but I have no idea how to start. I'm a freshman so I'm not familiar with most of the students at my school. I don't know who is interested in girls or not. There are a few girls that I like in my grade but I have no idea if they would be the least bit interested in me in that way. Any advice would be appreciated :icon_bigg.

2. Pyrotactick

I'm dealing with that too. A group of friends of mine aren't necessarly questionning but they like to get close, not intimitly close but REALLY brotherly close. Sometimes, me being the only bisexual, I get a little bit "too" close in their perspective. Seams off topic? Maybe....but my point is from my experience to take it slow and don't rush things AT ALL. Be friendly, open, and yourself! Also, don't tell everybody your bi or questioning, be discreet if your community isn't exactly lgbt friendly. Good luck!

3. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am in a very similar situation at my High School. Even though I am not out at all, I do have some advice.

First of all, are you friends in favor of gay people, or are they homophobic? Try to get to know people who support the LBGT community, that you feel comfortable around. If you cannot tell there are some signs that they are not pro gay.

For example, if they make a lot of gay jokes :eusa_naug
    if they are highly/conservatively religious :eusa_naug
    if they tend to judge people by appearence:eusa_naug
    etc...

Once you feel fairly comfortable around a group of people, I would recomend coming out to them, unless they already know. Then you could just talk to them.

After a few people know you're out, if you are generally a pleasant person to be around, more people will start coming out to you. Spread you self around, join clubs and organizations. The more people think of you and get to know you, the more likely you will be to meet other LGBT people. Most humans feel more comfortabe telling people about problems that they know the person being told is experiencing. When people know that you are gay, they will be more willing to share their own sexuallity secrets with you.

Once people start coming out to you, you may find yourself interested in those people, or at least you could talk to them about who you are interested in and they could help you.

Unfortunatly it will take some time, and may not always be smooth.

:goodluck: :kiss:

P.S. The reason I have not done any of this even though I have similar desires as you is becuase I have no friends. Hopefully next year when I am a sophmore, things will go better.

4. Pat

Pat

Ehh, this can be difficult. What you'll find is really diverse people from here on out. Especially in college. It might lead to a lot of heart break though. I think you should start with the LGBT groups and make sure that the person you're dealing with can be interested in you emotionally and physically. As a girl, it's deemed more acceptable to experiment, especially in the midst of males. Don't confuse an interaction like that to be a girl that's gay or bi. They can totally be doing things for the attention. So, be extremely careful from here on out. Any move you make on someone of the same sex can ruin you in high school. lol. Just be as sure as you can be that they are into you first.

5. Willow

I know that any wrong move can destroy my whole school life but I operate under the radar there and I'm not really noticed much except by my group of friends and my teachers. All it could really do its make my bullies even worse, even though I don't really care about anything they say. And I do know that many girls only play gay or bi to get attention which really bothers me.

I'm pretty sure all of my friends are gay friendly. One of my guy friends is out and he's friends with all of my other friends and they all seem fine with it. The being a pleasant person thing might be a little hard though. Outside of my little circle, I can't really be social with anyone. The people I went to middle school with for the most part think I'm a total bitch. There's certain people that I talk to only to be a smartarse. I barely talk to anyone but them or my friends. Also, I wish I could join a club but there aren't any LGBT ones at my school as far as I know :icon_sad:.