1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imma Go Die In Hole Now.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by IAmAwkward, Oct 19, 2012.

1. IAmAwkward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, two things. First, I came out to my mom last night, via letter. I know she has read it, because it is not where I put it. She did not talk to me last night, but she is unexpectedly working from home today. I just got home, so maybe she is planning on doing it later? I honestly don't know, but I really want her too. I just want to know what she thinks, ya know? :bang:

Second, so my dad (Who does not know, I think, about me) was driving me and my sister to school today, and we were talking about me and my sister's friend, who is the youngest of three and has two older sibling, both of whom are transsexual. After a few minutes, we ended up talking about them. I don't entirely remember what exactly what was said, but the next thing I know, he says (And I quote!), "If my son decided to become my daughter, I would have a really hard time accepting that." :help: :icon_sad: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***: :***:

I had to force myself not to burst out in tears. I could hardly wait to get out of the car. Just great, Dad. Make it fifty times harder for me to tell you. Like, just, really? And I had two tests today, one the unit test in geometry that is, like, a billionth percent of my grade, and I suck at geometry. :bang: Plus I had it first period.

To make myself a little happier, (!).

2. Ticklish Fish

Calm down for those school exams, man.

Maybe your family get their idea of homos from media and think they're all feminine/girly? I have no idea which type are you. However, do you think your family would be open to discuss after their "initial come out cool down period"?

3. TwoMethod

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that is really tough. All I can say is that parents are adaptable, and people's views are constantly changing. You have to remember that while of course, being transgender is difficult for you most of all, it's gonna be difficult for your parents too.

No matter how open and accepting parents can be, I still think most parents have a hard time accepting that their child is LGBT. So I think he is just stating the obvious here, and I wouldn't read too much into it. He will have a hard time accepting it. But what he said really isn't bad at all if you think about it. Sure I presume you have had a hard time accepting it, right?

You have to look at the positives. The fact that he doesn't seem to have any problems with your sister having a friend who has two transsexual siblings says a lot. The fact that he was willing to talk about it is also a good sign. I think this is a lot better than a lot of people get from their parents.

Look: he didn't say "he could never accept it" or that he "would kick them out" or something like that. He was just being honest — it will be hard — and that's a good sign.

4. IAmAwkward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My parents, in general, are cool with sexuality. They are always telling me and my sister about how it doesn't matter if you like girls or guys, or if your gay. They are cool with us being in GSA and having a crap-ton of gay friends. However, I am unsure if they have ever met a transsexual (And realized it.) or have heard much about it outside of Chaz Bono. I think that they would be open to talking, but they will probably think that is a phase.

5. HatterMad

Well first i would give your mom a day or so. it's a lot for a parent to take in i think.
    And then just ask her if she got your note and say when she feels she can you would like to talk about it.

second, your dad's remark was not negative. take comfort that he didn't say he'd throw the kid out, or never accept it, or stop loving them...all he said was he'd have a hard time...and any parent who loved there kid would, and anyone who doesn't understand well would have a hard time.
    I mean you are living your life and I'm sure you had a hard time accepting it too, huh?
    Don't be too fast to put your fears into your dad's words.

(*hug*)

6. IAmAwkward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ok, so my mom just talked to me. Apparently, she and my father read mt letter this morning. They are 'thinking' about it. Thinking about what? I don't know. They also want to talk about it, all three of us. So, like, on Sunday. I feel like, the way she said it and what it implied, is that they aren't really taking it seriously. Like, I am some silly little confused child and they need to do is talk, and 'poof' it is gone. Pardon me while I go crawl in a hole and die from crying too much.

7. Ticklish Fish

Um, chill? they are probably thinking how to tackle this surprise new information.
    if it make you feel better, maybe do some homework on LGBT things in case they bring it up?
    Maybe you can help disproof some misconceptions?

Wish you luck!

8. burg

i think your dead on here.one mate was confused when i told him.most people including myself were raised with a warped idea of what being gay is.the reality is we are pretty normal .only how we have been portrayed is warped.

9. IAmAwkward

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You are probably right, but.....I am so tired, physically and emotionally from just holding it all in that I can't really help it. And really, I feel like I am more upset at myself then anything. I feel like I disappointed them as their child, and like it's my fault. It's all really stupid, I know, because it is not, but I can't stop thinking about it.

10. Ticklish Fish

lol, paranoia. Just relax and focus on school for now, kay? (or if you finish school things, other things lol)