1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Sad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rygirl, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Rygirl

I'm just really down all the time right now. As people may be aware, there is a debate in parliament to legalise gay marriage, and somehow a conversation between me and my mum was abruptly ended when she declared that she is vehemently against gay marriage and if the bill passes she will never vote conservative again.

I've had the feeling ever since I started to question my own sexuality that my parents would never accept me if I were anything other than straight and whilst this doesn't confirm it, it just adds pounds to the lead weight I feel sitting on my chest.

Ever since a personal crisis two years ago 'happy' seems to be a passing fancy, sometimes I feel so depressed but I can't even pinpoint why, and I get the growing notion that if I were to just leave nothing around here would change, it would probably be better.

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so bad! :frowning2: And that your mum is against gay marriage. Please don't let 'happy' seem like a passing fancy, it might seem really tough right now but happiness is something you can get, and it's definitely something you deserve.

If you can't pinpoint why you feel so depressed have you considered talking to someone about it? It could lead back to things you might not necessarily realise, and talking to someone could help you figure it out.

Also - I miss you and it's been way too long, wifey. You can text or ring me if you want to talk/vent/chat etc.

(*hug*)

3. ems

ems

First of all big hugs , I picked up similar things from my parents , they hate gays most of my close family do and I hate to think what would happen if I said I was gay. They are so old school. It can be hard and u can easy get depressed over it all. It helps me to come on here and try to help people. Be selfish about this don't think about ur patents at the mo just Think about u and if ur gay , its ur life an u need to work out what u are without u thinking how people are going to rea,ct not easy I know.