1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For LGBT Christians

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wonderingdave01, Oct 19, 2012.

1. How do you reconcile your faith with your sexual orientation? So far there are several Bible verses like in Leviticus 18:22 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 and many more which condemn homosexuality. How do you get past all that?

I want to know because I was raised Catholic.

2. castle walls

You should watch this video. I love this video and will use any excuse to post it :lol:.Matthew Vines explains all the bible verses that are used to condemn homosexuality. It is a bit long. If you'd rather read a transcript, there should be one on his website.
    [YOUTUBE]ezQjNJUSraY[/YOUTUBE]

Also, some (possibly most) Christians believe that the law of the Old Testament is no longer in effect. That would cover the Leviticus verse

3. Gen

Gen

Because the bibles says many things about the sins that we do on a day to day basis.

To keep this short, the most important thing that people have to remember is that the bible is not meant to be followed to a "T". Christianity doesnt ask that of you. The bible is meant to be read as an ideal or guide on how to live, not a list of laws.

Even for those to believe that Christianity frowns upon homosexuality acts(As homosexuality itself is not a sin). It does follow in correlation with the rest of its teachings. The bible teaches that all sex without the intention of reproduction is lustful and thus sinful. The fact that homosexuals cannot have reproductive sex excludes them. Are humans honestly expected to have only reproductive sex? No. But thats the point, its not meant to be taking so literally. The bible itself doesnt descriminate in its teachings, people, however, do.

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am told that there's some story in Acts about god saying "don't reject what I have made clean." (A paraphrasing.)

5. Raindrop

I'm Christian and very much so. A close catholic friend told me that people lie. I then responded that people wrote the bible.

The bible also says that if you wear two different kinds of fabric at the same time then you're going to hell. I wore a cotton shirt and a leather jacket. Oh no. And the bible has been translated, translated again, modernized, translated again and so on and so forth. So, yeah.

6. Ticklish Fish

LOL. X % Fabric 1 and Y % fabric 2, anyone? XD
    (like cotton and nylon, polyester and nylon, etc.)