1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What happened to redlightning?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by scanner007, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scanner007

Hey people,
    I was here about a month ago and followed what seemed to be a never ending saga of a thread started by someone named redlightning. Well life grabbed me by the horns and I've been busy these past few weeks. Today I logged in here and wondered what happened to him. It seems his thread is gone and I checked my account and searched my own posts, the posts I made in his thread are gone like they've been deleted or something. Could someone fill me in on what happened? This guy logged in everyday for weeks and updated everyone on what was going on with him and his friend and I'm really curious to see how the story ended.
    Thanks.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He got banned for some reason. It seems a lot of people get banned out of the blue around here. :dry:

3. Ridiculous

Almost always because they share personally identifying information.

4. HatterMad

yeh but jsut banning them leaves their friends confused and a little scared.
    Some small list and reason for banning may be useful

I spent awhiel serching for someone i was getting along well with here, and awhile into looking I thought...maybe he got banned for being an A..hole. In which case I don't relaly want to contact him again....

but if it's for some safety infraction or something he dind't do rite, that dosen't bother me so much.

Also when they take the whole thread away then we lose some good posts too. That's too bad abuot that. Porbably can't be helped tho because other wise they'd have to edit every post that went wrong in that thread.

5. scanner007

thanks for the replies so far....I figured as much...did he ever tell his friend he was gay? he had us all on the edge of our seats EVERY SINGLE DAY lol..and when someone gets banned ALL of their threads AND any post replies from other users are deleted for a single infraction without evening one warning? Wow, that sounds like a gruff lesbian trying to project a strong male persona if I ever saw it. lol please don't take that last line too seriously..I'm gay too remember :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Well if anyone could add any info, I know it's a bit silly, but I have to admit I'm a little curious...you follow a story like that everyday for a while and it kinda makes you wanna hear the outcome...good or bad. At first when I didn't find anything, I thought maybe he had deleted his own posts after telling his friend he was gay and/or into him and it had possibly turned out bad. That happens a lot in real life, I would imagine.
    Maybe we could petition the mods to starting giving people one warning before they get banned, I can certainly understand the rules and why they need to be there, this forum is something of a treasured oasis and I'd hate to see it degenerate into a pron/hookup/spam area, but jeez nobody's perfect.
    Thanks again ya'll.

6. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, he did supposedly tell his friend that he was gay and his friend said something along the lines of "there is some stuff you don't know about me." Shortly before he was banned a member on here was calling him a troll and saying his story was made-up and that he's been here before under a couple different names that were banned as well, so that probably has something to do with it.

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Usually banned members' threads are left intact. Sometimes, after staff discussion and if deemed necessary, they are removed.

Generally people are warned before they are banned, and most of the time, bans are temporary. Sharing personal information is grounds for an immediate temp ban, a that rule is all over the place and there's no excuse for missing it. The rest of the time, though, a temp ban only comes after a warning.

Moderation actions (warnings and the like) aren't made public. The fact that you don't see warnings doesn't mean they aren't happening.

8. scanner007

I'm not sure what to believe with that, if he was a troll and had made it all up....he sure stuck with it for a very long time for a laugh. But then you just never know, maybe some ppl get off on that. Sounds like if it were true though it ended good, unless the "stuff he didn't know about his friend" was really creepy.

9. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, the way he made it sound was like his friend was probably gay and interested as well maybe.

10. Ridiculous

AHA! So it is that guy we are talking about!

It was me, by the way, that was calling him out for bullshitting. Which he was. He did the same thing with a different account last year. Both times he copied and pasted his story onto about 10 different sites, and each developed into a different series of events.

He got his ass absolutely handed to him on another site (which I don't post on but do occasionally read). Unfortunately he seemed to string along some people here.

11. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Staff don't discuss specifics about any individual's bans, warnings or so on. If you're unsure about EC's banning/discipline policies, feel free to make a thread in Ask the Staff or EC Help and Feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.